Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so why hasn't borla made anything for the 6 community?? that means they're also leaving out the fusion, 500, zypher etc.... that's a pretty be chunk of the market they'er overlooking. I was just on their site and they make cat backs for the 3 and the rx-8.....filled out their form for cars n/a years back and still nada...

wonder if they'll ever make something for the 6. Anyone hear any new news that something may come out?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I honestly don't think we need any more cat-back systems, they just provide a different sound, and that is all.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
That and it would cost near $1000. Borla = $$$$$

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
borla = $$$ but its very good stuff.... my experience with magnaflow has been horrible.. I had their catback which had horrible fitment btw but i dealt with it and adjusted as best as possible.. Then the mufflers started rusting... my friends mags are rusting too... AND to top it off the cats on the y pipe for my cp-e headers are bad which is what was causing the rattling.. When you bang on the y pipe yo could hear the internals of the cats moving around and clanking against the sides... and guess who made the y pipe and cats... MAGNAFLOW!!

I now have borla mufflers and i can say that they are EXCELLENT quality and i would highly recommend them to anyone.. magnaflow is going downhill...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why do we need another exhaust system?
[/b]

The question is why not?? The more the merrier. Why limit your choices to a handful of companies?
seems like the only quality exhaust for the 6 is racing beat's and that's only an axle back.
If Borla made a system for the 6 I bet a lot of members on here would jump on it.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
If Borla made a system for the 6 I bet a lot of members on here would jump on it.
[/b]
No... Considering most members are pretty cheap, a Borla catback would run $700 at least. I think the catback for the rx-8 runs around $800. If you want Borla that badly go buy 2 mufflers from them and get them welded on.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
No... Considering most members are pretty cheap, a Borla catback would run $700 at least. I think the catback for the rx-8 runs around $800.
[/b]
That's about spot on. IMHO Borlas would cost about greater than or equal to Injen's SES price point and not a lot of us have Injen exhausts.

If you want Borla that badly go buy 2 mufflers from them and get them welded on.[/b]
One of our fellow New Jerseyans did just that! :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No... Considering most members are pretty cheap, a Borla catback would run $700 at least. I think the catback for the rx-8 runs around $800. If you want Borla that badly go buy 2 mufflers from them and get them welded on.
[/b]
I would but welds are more prone to rust.

·
Registered
901 Posts
borla = $$$ but its very good stuff.... my experience with magnaflow has been horrible.. I had their catback which had horrible fitment btw but i dealt with it and adjusted as best as possible.. Then the mufflers started rusting... my friends mags are rusting too... AND to top it off the cats on the y pipe for my cp-e headers are bad which is what was causing the rattling.. When you bang on the y pipe yo could hear the internals of the cats moving around and clanking against the sides... and guess who made the y pipe and cats... MAGNAFLOW!!

I now have borla mufflers and i can say that they are EXCELLENT quality and i would highly recommend them to anyone.. magnaflow is going downhill...
[/b]
Ive had my mags for about a year now. I have experienced zero of those problems..

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
That's about spot on. IMHO Borlas would cost about greater than or equal to Injen's SES price point and not a lot of us have Injen exhausts.
One of our fellow New Jerseyans did just that! :)
[/b]

yup Im the one who did that lol.. I have nothing but good things to say about borla very good quality stuff..

Magnaflow used to be good but lately they have been skimping on quality.. An exhaust u bought a year ago from them may be fine but ive had the mags for like 5 months or so not even and they were starting to rust and the piping was rusted also. lately magnaflow has been cutting corners...

My welds are holding strong and arent rusting as of now.. but even if it does it wont really harm anything.. You dont HAVE to get it welded you could always fit it on then clamp it like normal exhausts.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
[/b]
That is one of THE most intelligent things I've ever read on this board.

Bravo...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Borla is awesome. Best sound out there IMO. They sound real mean.

I also put in a request for the 6. Maybe they will finally get around to it since the MS6 came out.

·
Registered
922 Posts

[/b]
guy...do your realize how many exhaust companies outsource to magnaflow for muffler cores... i'm willing to bet magnaflow and dynomax make probably greater than 50% of the muffler cores out there on aftermarket exhausts....

as for my magna's they fit kinda fucked up but i adjusted them and they are now good to go.... small price to pay for 499 shipped to hawaii.... ask borla to do that.... :nono:

IMO Billy Boat makes they best sounding exhausts pound for pound... but like borla they are a grip...

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Eh? Borla made an axle-back for the '6. Nobody bought it. It was used in all the 2003 Rev-It-Up cars, and while a bit loud, it sounded great.

Edit: Crossbow says it was Bosal, not Borla. Whatever. Stock exhaust FTW.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
Stretch
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing