Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which exhaust is better..?

Blackmagik has many posts of the Injen SES Catback...!

Much proof has gone into this....!

Does anyone have the MS catback exhaust equiped...?

Which exhaust provides better performance..? The question is out there...?

I await your feedback..!

Thanks guys...!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
If you search enough thru threads on this topic, and topics related to this, you will find that no exhaust will really give you a performance gain. The only way you will get a performance gain is if you get headers. I say get the Injen SES, I just had it installed a couple months ago and I could not be any more satisfied with it. Granted, I do not have any personal experience with any other AM exhaust but... you really can't go wrong with the Injen. Awesome sound, awesome look, and great fitment. If you do decide on the Injen, make sure you get Kartboy hangers.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
If you search enough thru threads on this topic, and topics related to this, you will find that no exhaust will really give you a performance gain. The only way you will get a performance gain is if you get headers. I say get the Injen SES, I just had it installed a couple months ago and I could not be any more satisfied with it. Granted, I do not have any personal experience with any other AM exhaust but... you really can't go wrong with the Injen. Awesome sound, awesome look, and great fitment. If you do decide on the Injen, make sure you get Kartboy hangers.
[/b]
ditto... there have been quite a few threads lately on exhaust, so i will say what i did in the others... i also have the Injen SES, yes it cost more but worth it.... Like JDM said fitment is perfect and i luv the sound it gives.... i have a thread with pics around somewhere, if you search Injen it should come up....

No performance gains as stated above, upgrading exhaust is strictly for looks and sound....

you just have to listen to different clips and pics of systems and go from there...

are you looking for a loud or quite exhaust? how much you want to spend? V6 or 4 banger?? sport bumper or not?? because fitment can be different....more help can be given if you state those things...

everyone is going to state that their exhaust is the best because frankly its all we have to go by, so its hard to get a gauge for which is best 4 you....
good luck....

here are some links with clips:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...&hl=exhaust

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...;hl=racing+beat

pics of Injen:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...&hl=exhaust

:drive:

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I give two thumbs up for the Injen SES :)thumbup: :thumbup:)! Aggressive exhaust with deep raspiness and no drone = BADASS

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Go for the Injen.. Magnaflow sux.. and yes ive had both. You get what you pay for. The injen is 10x better quality than the Mags. MY magnaflow piping that i had was all rusted to crap and i havent even had the thing a year.. shows the quality of the STAINLESS steel lol.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Another Injen exhaust owner saying that you should def get them! Such a great sound.
[/b]
it's kinda like a cult... but this one is a good cult! mwahahahaha

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

(i see they moved this to the newbie section - but you have to start somewhere)

I'm have a 06 M6s and I what i'm looking for is something that is not to high pitched but not to low either.

I guess something clean (sound) and affordable of course.

Again, thanks for the links and I will search the forms for more infomation.

:yesnod:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad I checked this out...cuz i am looking into getting an exhaust for my 6. Looking at magnaflow, i know some poeple with this on mustangs, camaros, pickups, etc. They like the magnaflow, only one person i know that has had mag has been disappointed and it was because the stainless pipers rusted through quick. I am liking the Injen a little more, I had an Injen intake on my old ride so they have quality stuff. Thanks for the input I will probably with Injen when i make the purchase here probably around Christmas time.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone make an axle back beside racing beat? And is magnaflow the cheapest exhaust for the 6s?
[/b]
Well MS makes an axleback..! (for 4cyl only)

:)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Well I was talking about the 6cyl. I think Racing Beat is the only one. But it just seems that for what you get it should be cheaper. Its more expensive than some catbacks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts