Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 04 w/ 23k miles on it. I've never owned a car with a warranty. It has 27k miles left on the drivetrain warranty.

What will keep the warranty valid? I am a big time DIYer, and would love to continue to do my own work instead of paying my money to a dealer.

Can I do all my own normal maintainance or will it void the warranty? If it doesnt void the warranty, what things do I need to keep track of? If there are concerns of DIY and keeping the warranty, please tell me!

Please let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Keep the receipts for everything, particularly oil changes, along with a log book, and you'll be fine if anything were to come up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do I just keep the receipt from buying the oil and filter (or other things), then just log it into a book when I do something?

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you are doing normal maintenance, then you are fine to do it yourself and don't need to keep any record of it. If you are making major changes to the car, such as turning it into a limo or a full drag car, your SOL. If you are doing small mods like wheels, CAI, audio up grades, then you may lose the warrenty on those specific items. The best thing to do is keep all the parts that you remove, so that if you have an issue and need to take the car to the shop , you can put it back to stock if needed. Now, you may not be able to do that if you have, say put a turbo on, in that case you once again are SOL.

·
Registered
329 Posts
do I just keep the receipt from buying the oil and filter (or other things), then just log it into a book when I do something?
[/b]
As long as you are talking about regular maintenence then yes that should be sufficient for any warranty claims that might arrise. Basically what you need to do is prove that you have taken care of the vehicle properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts