Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I called my neighbor, who works for the local Mazda dealer, to ask him about delivery times if I order. I'm kinda concerned, since we've been seeing a lot of people saying how they're not getting their cars for 12 weeks etc due to production delays.

So anyway, I told him I'd decided on the Speed Yellow. Total SILENCE on the phone line. Then he says " Oh, I'm sorry - I was just picking my jaw up off the floor! " :D (I'd told him before I wasn't interested in that color at all.)

So anyway, last night at shortly after 8:00 the phone rings. Survivor is on, so we let the machine pick up. "Hey - it's your neighbor Jim - look out your side window!" I look out and there sits a Speed Yellow 6 sitting in his driveway in all its glory. He'd brought it home from the dealership so we could basically salivate over it. :D

So we go over there after Survivor. This is the first my husband has seen the color in person. Granted, it's dark outside, but he'd pulled the car into his garage which is well-lit. So I'm like....."there's my car!".

But WHEW! - the only thing that saved me from making him write out the paperwork right then and there was the fact that 1) it was a manual and 2) it had that ugly chrome fuel filler door on it.

But at least hubby got to see the color in person and now admits it's pretty nice. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Reading Topic: So the neighbor brings home a Yellow 6 last night

Drooool... was it a 6s or 6i?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Replying to Topic 'So the neighbor brings home a Yellow 6 last night'

OK i would have been shocked if it was a speed yellow 6s manual....those are like the rarest of rare.

·
Registered
305 Posts

"Ugly" chrome fuel filler door?

Not that I have one, but when I read "ugly chrome" I thought you were going to talk about the chrome side or rear accents. I think the chrome fuel doors are slick.

Of course, that's usually dealer-installed, so they probably have the yellow one back at the dealership. The transmission could be harder to swap out, though. :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The chrome filler door looks out-of-place on a 6. Like if you put a sticker side-pipe on...

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I think it looks good on the 6, especially with the right color car.

·
Registered
32 Posts

i have a chrome fuel filler door on my redfire 6 and i think it looks great. soon i will be getting my website set with pics of the 6, so you can see how nice it looks. i didnt necessarily want a chrome door, but the dealer trade form ohio had it on it and my first glance was " wow that really does look nice on this 6, especially on this color car "

·
Registered
53 Posts
Replying to Topic 'So the neighbor brings home a Yellow 6 last night'

Originally posted by Fuzzbear

OK i would have been shocked if it was a speed yellow 6s manual....those are like the rarest of rare.  [/b]

That's the exact car I'm getting! Speed Yellow GT-V6 (yeah, I'm in Canada) 5speed w/ GFX package and Sports Grille.

Actually the dealership I'm getting it from had 2 of them in stock. Now just one if anybody's still looking and willing to take a trip to Toronto. :p

·
Registered
980 Posts

The yellow is actually easier to come by here in Canada because the dealer told me that it's not a popular colour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts