Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 07 mazda 6i 90k with a new motor at 70k, and a new transmission at 80k. needless to say i have way too much money into this car..

my problem is that when i turn my key it acts like im not pressing the clutch pedal. it just shuts the radio off and does nothing..

yesterday it was only +4 and the starter did try to start, but at first it didnt sound like the gear was engaging with the flywheel, it just went VROOOM lol. then after about 4-5 key turns it finnaly went.

i have been pushing my clutch pedal over and over, does nothing but feels really sticky. ( and if your wondering yes i did put a new clutch in at the same time as the trans)

Also is there somthing i can buy that is like a block heater for a diesel?

· Registered
304 Posts
it could be so many differnt things the batt, culcth sensor switch, ingnition, bad relay, blown fuse, youll just have to jump in and start looking and testing good luck

· Registered
3,744 Posts
Also is there somthing i can buy that is like a block heater for a diesel?
You'd be much better off with one that splices into your lower radiator hose. They are more efficient since they are actually in contact with the fluid they are trying to warm, so you don't waste time/energy/heat warming-up metal. And with the oil pan being aluminum, you'd have to rig-up the mounting for a pan heater since you can't simply stick it to the pan or block.

I'd make certain your battery terminals are clean as can be, and tight as can be. I'd also take a very close look at the exposed wire you can see just at the cable ends and make certain there is no corrosion inside your cables. I know mine wants to corrode as easy as can be, so two or three times a year I soak the ends in baking soda or Coke to get the corrosion out. I also coat the ends well with dielectric grease once I have the cables reattached. My sister's Blazer was acting all kinds of goofy when cold about 3 years ago and it turned out her negative cable was pretty much nothing but corrosion the last 6-7 inches when I sliced it open.

Since your engine & tranny have been out, there is a chance the cables weren't properly reattached. Not likely your issue, but it's free to check...

One thing I've been thinking about doing is adding a second/new ground strap between my engine and chassis. They can make a difference, especially in very cold weather.

Does the starter make an odd noise like it's grinding against the flywheel, or spinning even after the engine has started?

I don't know the radiator hose diameter off-hand, but this is the style I'm speaking of: http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDMQ8wIwAw#

Get yourself a wall timer and set it to come-on at a certain time in the morning and you'll be set.

· Registered
9 Posts
I had a similar problem in my old Nissan maxima, Starter wouldn't do anything, or would make a grinding noise like gears were mashing (is that what you've experienced?)
eventually, it would kick over fine, eventually that stopped!
Replaced the starter, and it worked from there ever-after

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.