Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears, as Liteswap still has the Mercedes Benz OEM kit available on his site, thats its legal to sell OEM replacement parts and such right? Well how many of you think that the Mazda3's HIDs might be compatible with the 6...? We could just get OEM 3 HIDs and put em in our 6's maybe... Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: So I was wondering...

you don't think Mazda would be cost-effective and use the same housing? or it it just that the HID housing in general is different to the halogen, like if i could get my hands on an OEM HID kit from overseas for the 6 would I still have to replace it? hmm. also interesting, along the lines of OEM parts... does the law specify that it has to be OEM for the US ;)?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

or... what if we import the headlights with housing for HIDs, just not the lights, that legal...? and then just utilize the OEM mazda3 kits... I'm stretching, but I will find a way to do this simply god damnit! :D

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

yeah, that what I meant, import the 6's housing say from japan. That way I can have my blacked out headlights too. Hmm, I need to find a copy of this law and see if it just says the lights themselves are illegal or anything to do with them. Chances are if I go to Europe and buy the 6 housings and bring them back, the customs officers are not going to know what the hell the difference is between HID housing and regular projector lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts