Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to have my autolock function enabled. The service manager told me that I would have to pay an hour's labor for that. I said, "No. Call Mazda. Any service department is supposed to do it free of charge." So he told me that "within the first 12K miles, it's free of charge," which was fine because I'm way under that. So he tells me that he isn't sure how long it would take because they never enabled autolock before. He also never saw a Mazdaspeed CAI and said that my BOV wasn't factory. No shit! Turns out that they've only had 4 MS6's on their lot. The sales manager has one and one was sent out on dealer trade. I got mine from out of state and have only seen 1 other one in the area, which belongs to the sales manager.

P.S. Autolock is the tits. So if you have a GT and don't have it enabled, you are truly missing out.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Everyone talks up the autolock feature. What does it do and can you get it enabled on the Sport?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone talks up the autolock feature. What does it do and can you get it enabled on the Sport?
[/b]
You can't get it enabled on the Sport because it's part of the advanced keyless entry of the GT. When you exit the car and close the door, the car beeps. Then when you walk 6 feet away from the car, it beeps again and the doors lock. Without the autolock feature enabled, you either must push the button on the door hald to lock the doors or dig through your pocket to find the intelligent key and press that button.

·
Registered
967 Posts
You can't get it enabled on the Sport because it's part of the advanced keyless entry of the GT. When you exit the car and close the door, the car beeps. Then when you walk 6 feet away from the car, it beeps again and the doors lock. Without the autolock feature enabled, you either must push the button on the door hald to lock the doors or dig through your pocket to find the intelligent key and press that button.
[/b]
I see. Thanks for the clarification. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I took mine for an oil change and to get the auto-lock feature enabled and they tried to charge me for it. So I said forget it I'll take it somewhere else. When I picked up my car, the service guy said it was already enabled. Bull.

And yes, it's one of the best features ever.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow didn't know about that. My GT doesn't have it right now. Did you end up getting it enabled for free?
[/b]
Yep, he said that they do it free of charge if your car has less than 12K miles, but I think nicer dealerships would do it free anytime.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Strange, I have a sport, and it locks itself after 1 or 2 minutes after getting out and when I hit the unlock button and don't open any of the doors.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
booo. I am missing out cause i dont even have it on my sport. grrrrrr, they should have offered me the option for a little extra. i got played.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
booo. I am missing out cause i dont even have it on my sport. grrrrrr, they should have offered me the option for a little extra. i got played.
[/b]
HAHA. They did offer the option for a little more. It was 2 grand more and it also came with leather seats.

·
Registered
679 Posts
THey did it for free for me at the dealer. They owed me BIG TIME after all the BS they put me through.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
When I bought my GT, my dealer appologized for not setting the autolock feature prior to me receiving the the car. They enabled the autolock with no problems. This is a standard feature of MS6 GT and dealers received the GTs with the autolock disabled so they can move cars without the hassel of the car being locked all time. I think it should be done as part of the vehicle check and not something as a dealer option money maker crap. :irate:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
yeah as stated by another sport owner. my car auto locks after about 45 secs-1 minute. thats fine by me.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I haven't been to happy with the autolock feature, mostly because it only locks itself about half the time.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I haven't been to happy with the autolock feature, mostly because it only locks itself about half the time.
[/b]
I wrote about this a while back. If you walk away from the car very quickly (before an audiable beep) then the car car will not autolock. When you close the door and hear a beep then the car will autolock. The dealer found this out and explained it to me because they encountered the same problem.

·
Registered
310 Posts
All 06 m6 and ms6 have an auto lock feature of some sort. I have an 06 6s, my car doesn't beep when I close the door, but it WILL lock after about a min.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All 06 m6 and ms6 have an auto lock feature of some sort. I have an 06 6s, my car doesn't beep when I close the door, but it WILL lock after about a min.
[/b]
Yeah, but if someone is sitting in the car next to yours and you walk away and they pull the door open before that 100 second time, tough loss.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wrote about this a while back. If you walk away from the car very quickly (before an audiable beep) then the car car will not autolock.
[/b]
How lame. Another cool feature that is ruined because of poor implementation. If you have to stand next to your car to wait for an audible beep before you can walk away, you may as well just hit the lock button yourself. It would take less time and you would be 100% sure that your car is actually locked instead of hoping that you stood there long enough for the auto-lock feature to work correctly.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
How lame. Another cool feature that is ruined because of poor implementation. If you have to stand next to your car to wait for an audible beep before you can walk away, you may as well just hit the lock button yourself. It would take less time and you would be 100% sure that your car is actually locked instead of hoping that you stood there long enough for the auto-lock feature to work correctly.
[/b]

I agree........unfortunately

1 - 20 of 56 Posts