Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people were debating this issue before and I'm not starting a pissing contest. I don't want to hear that you shouldn't tow with your Speed6 I'm just curious if anyone has mounted a hitch to it yet and actually towed with it? If so how did the car do and what issues did you encounter?

·
Registered
595 Posts
how many times you going to bring this up? noone else is stupid enough to try it I guess.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how many times you going to bring this up? noone else is stupid enough to try it I guess.
[/b]
Someone is stupid enough to try it out just noone as ignorant as yourself.

·
Registered
595 Posts
if you want to tow stuff and f your car up, then do it already.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I think the Speed6 should easily be able to tow 1.5X to 2X more than the regular 6 (which is rated at 1000lbs for the 2.3L not in the US).

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What really aggrivates me about this site is that people have to be so frigen ignorant. If you have to be an ass then you shouldn't be here. We are here to learn from each other and if you have to be a loser then don't bother posting. If you don't like the topics then don't respond!!! it's that simple!!! I really dislike certain people on this site!!!

It's been a while since posting anything on towing with the MS6 and I just wanted to see if anyone has done it yet. Winter is coming and we're deciding on what to pull the sled with.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look for how much the CX-7 can tow... Mazda has a number up somewhere, search for it.
[/b]
Now this is useful info. I did a search and it says 2000lbs. So I would think 750lbs with a Speed6 would be fine...

·
Registered
829 Posts
if you want to tow stuff and f your car up, then do it already.
[/b]
As rude as his responses are, he's got a point. If you really want to do it, then do it and don't ask someone else to be your guinea pig.

Can't be *too* bad right? =)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Look for how much the CX-7 can tow... Mazda has a number up somewhere, search for it.
[/b]
Comparing the Speed6 with the CX7 is not even close to accurate. That fact that they share a motor means nothing. The motor in a vehicle is only ONE of the many factors considered in rating towing capability.

When Mazda designed the CX7 they built it with minimal towing in mind. The chassis of that car, being more SUV based, is designed somewhat for it. 2,000 lbs is certainly minimal, but it compensates for a Jet Ski or Snowmobile.

The manual in the Speed6 says NO TOWING. I really don't know how much more plainly they could put it.

Stop looking for permission on this one and don't blame the car when you have premature drivetrain, braking, or suspension problems. Mazda is pretty freaking clear on their opinion and they know much more about this car than we do.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It says in the owners manual in bold letters DON'T TOW
[/b]

Comparing the Speed6 with the CX7 is not even close to accurate. That fact that they share a motor means nothing. The motor in a vehicle is only ONE of the many factors considered in rating towing capability.

When Mazda designed the CX7 they built it with minimal towing in mind. The chassis of that car, being more SUV based, is designed somewhat for it. 2,000 lbs is certainly minimal, but it compensates for a Jet Ski or Snowmobile.

The manual in the Speed6 says NO TOWING. I really don't know how much more plainly they could put it.

Stop looking for permission on this one and don't blame the car when you have premature drivetrain, braking, or suspension problems. Mazda is pretty freaking clear on their opinion and they know much more about this car than we do.
[/b]

These two posts sum up why you shouldnt tow with the MS6. But, I am sure I will see another post about this in a couple weeks b/c you dont have the balls to be the first to try. There is a reason you are hesitant to try....because you know its wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.