Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I see that the CP-E BOV has two setting, recirc and the other one *lol, i forget the name* What's the diffrences in those two settings? Pro's/Con's?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Okay, I see that the CP-E BOV has two setting, recirc and the other one *lol, i forget the name* What's the diffrences in those two settings? Pro's/Con's?
[/b]
recirc and vta.

recirc is what the ms6 is set up for because it has a MAF sensor after the intake. therefore, when the bov releases the pressure, the air goes back into the intake post MAF and pre-compressor.

vta is "vent to atmosphere". this means that instead of recirculating the air, you vent it out. this gives u a louder sound. but since u are no longer recirculating, the engine expects there to be air available and will add fuel accordingly. thus u run rich because your air/fuel ratio is lower than normal.

please use the search key. this has got to be the 5th time ive posted this same information.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
recirc and vta.

recirc is what the ms6 is set up for because it has a MAF sensor after the intake. therefore, when the bov releases the pressure, the air goes back into the intake post MAF and pre-compressor.

vta is "vent to atmosphere". this means that instead of recirculating the air, you vent it out. this gives u a louder sound. but since u are no longer recirculating, the engine expects there to be air available and will add fuel accordingly. thus u run rich because your air/fuel ratio is lower than normal.

please use the search key. this has got to be the 5th time ive posted this same information.
[/b]

Sorry, I'm new to forums... didn't know I could search :(

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Sorry, I'm new to forums... didn't know I could search :(
[/b]
no worries spooner. welcome to the club. just wanted to let u know to use the search key for future reference. enjoy your ms6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
ryceboi
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing