Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, me and my dad roll up to the car dealership.

We are roaming around the lot looking for a blue Mazda6. My dad sees the guy that he talked to before about the Mazda6.

We test drive it.....I loved it.

We go back to the dealership. And all the paper work is started. So towards the end of the deal. My dad asks me..Hey go see if its the V-6 so, we won't get jipped getting the V-4. I was like..Damn! you right.

I go check. It was the V-4. I go back and tell my old man that it was the V-4. He was like...we'll let him know at the very end that we want the V-6. I said sure since the was gonna be my first car...well my name on the lease.

The guy comes back and he says. We have a problem. "He's not old enought to get this car."

My heart sank to the bottom.

Im 17 yrs old. I turn 18 on March 7th.
@#[email protected]#$#%

P.S. Im not a ricer.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Replying to Topic 'So close!!!'

There's this unwritten rule at mazda dealers that only someone who have some minimum knowledge about cars can legally own a M6. Since you don't, your lease was denied by the sales perosn.

j/k

P.S. there's no such thing as a v-4. well, maybe there's, but you won't see too many on the road.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Reading Topic: So close!!!

Doh! March 7 isn't that far away, though. There's something to be said about being close to getting something, gives you something to look forward to. On a related note, I turn 21 in 21 days, which I'm pretty excited about--not so I can get legally plastered, but so I can go out to a restaraunt and have a beer with dinner if I want, dammit! However, I'm still 6-8 weeks away from getting my 6. A bit far in the distance to really feel the anticipation...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by autobot

There's this unwritten rule at mazda dealers that only someone who have some minimum knowledge about cars can legally own a M6. Since you don't, your lease was denied by the sales perosn.

j/k

P.S. there's no such thing as a v-4. well, maybe there's, but you won't see too many on the road.[/b]
I think Russia had a V-4 for a subcompact back in the 70's. C&D did an article on it sometime in the mid-90's. It was one of those bad ideas that never really took off. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts

I owned a V4. But it was a Honda VF-series Motorcycle.
Perfect running little engine.

Now it's a BMW K75 RT and a Mazda 6 Sportbreak.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Originally posted by SportswagonNL

I owned a V4.  But it was a Honda VF-series Motorcycle.

Now it's a BMW K75 RT and a Mazda 6 Sportbreak.[/b]
I know what you mean. I owned a '95 VFR with an aftermarket pipe. Now if cars could sound like that! They make this awesome sound thats a mixture of cam gears whine and lumpy, throaty exhaust note that makes your hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Why can't 4 cylinder cars sound like 4 cylinder motorbikes??:D

·
Registered
980 Posts

LOL a V4....that's a good one. :D
Just wondering, which is more benefical, inline or V? I have been told that inline is more efficient and it makes sense. With that being said, how come the majority of 6 cylinder engines are arranged in a V shape?

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

LOL a V4....that's a good one.  :D
Just wondering, which is more benefical, inline or V?  I have been told that inline is more efficient and it makes sense.  With that being said, how come the majority of engines with 6 cylinders or more are arranged in a V shape?[/b]

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

LOL a V4....that's a good one.  :D
Just wondering, which is more benefical, inline or V?  I have been told that inline is more efficient and it makes sense.  With that being said, how come the majority of 6 cylinder engines are arranged in a V shape?[/b]
My guess would be space

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

I think in-line is the most efficient. I assume the V-block is to save space in the engine compartment, otherwise you'd have the front end of a Dodge Viper. See my avatar. The supra had an in-line 6 and the engine block was pretty long. Damn good engine, and I think more capable of handling high horsepower than a V-block. I've heard of many driver going to 700+ hp with a Supra just changing the turbo, no engine strengthening mods.

As a matter of fact check out my website here. Click on the link for pictures of the engine compartment. It's a 3.0 liter.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Originally posted by SportswagonNL

I owned a V4.  But it was a Honda VF-series Motorcycle.

Now it's a BMW K75 RT and a Mazda 6 Sportbreak.[/b]
V-4's are awesome! I still own a 1994 VF750 Magna. I love that beast, but I'm probably going to have to sell it this spring.

·
Registered
230 Posts

I think inline 6 engines are the most perfectly balanced engines you can get. The inline 6 engines that are built by BMW and Lexus are said to be the smoothest engines you can buy. But realistically they can only be used for rear wheel drive cars, because you can't really fit an inline 6 transversely under the hood of any car (unless it's REALLY wide!).

·
Registered
388 Posts

ronin, thats a bummer. i had to wait 3 weeks while my blue v6 model with the sports package came in from some dealership in northern FL.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Well...I meant Mazda 6I instead of V-4. I thought it was a V-4.

·
Registered
514 Posts

You didn't know what engine the car had in it before you even started signing papers? You're just settings yourself up for all kinds of abuse by dealers if you are going to remain that apathetic.

-Alt

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: So close!!!

He guess he wasn't thinking about getting the one on the lot, I believe he was like "I'll order and I'll get it three weeks later".

If he only knew how long some of us have already been waiting :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: So close!!!

Hmmm... I see. I still think it's the buyer's privilege and therefore, his/her burden to be prepared and knowledgable about a car before entering a lot. Dealers can be dangerous people :)

-Alt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts