·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i swear i hate this florida humidity

60' - 1.83
1/4 - 14.02
MPH - 97.1

i kept hitting 14.1 consistently, but at way lower trap speeds. my lowest trap of the night was 92 (right when i got there before i could ice the intercooler)

im gonna try one more time next week to get a 13 sec slip stock, if i cant im gonna have to break down and get an intake :swearin:

could it be my shift into 5th? i havent tried to keep it in 4th and finish all the way, i was thinking to keep it in the powerband.

·
Registered
795 Posts
i swear i hate this florida humidity

60' - 1.83
1/4 - 14.02
MPH - 97.1

i kept hitting 14.1 consistently, but at way lower trap speeds. my lowest trap of the night was 92 (right when i got there before i could ice the intercooler)

im gonna try one more time next week to get a 13 sec slip stock, if i cant im gonna have to break down and get an intake :swearin:

could it be my shift into 5th? i havent tried to keep it in 4th and finish all the way, i was thinking to keep it in the powerband.
[/b]
your 60' should be 1.72 and your mph should be 98+

i did 13.5 @ 102mph
60' of 1.71 and 1/8 of 8.7

·
Registered
870 Posts
your 60' should be 1.72 and your mph should be 98+

i did 13.5 @ 102mph
60' of 1.71 and 1/8 of 8.7
[/b]
You're not quite stock :)

And the 1.71 60' time is a 6k rpm launch?

So you finally went to a track?

·
Registered
795 Posts
You're not quite stock :)

And the 1.71 60' time is a 6k rpm launch?

So you finally went to a track?
[/b]
5k launch!!

yeh i went , im gonna try and go back tomorrow, some friend of mine they want to go for the day!! well see

·
Registered
870 Posts
5k launch!!

yeh i went , im gonna try and go back tomorrow, some friend of mine they want to go for the day!! well see
[/b]
Which track are you going to? You think you can do better than a 13.5. Btw 1.72 60' is pretty f'in good. I've gotten high 1.8xx but never in the 1.7.

I was planning on going to Luskville tonight but they're closed... bastards...

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Thats what I want to hit. Mid 13s with a 100+ trap speed.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Which track are you going to? You think you can do better than a 13.5. Btw 1.72 60' is pretty f'in good. I've gotten high 1.8xx but never in the 1.7.

I was planning on going to Luskville tonight but they're closed... bastards...
[/b]
im in montreal , canada so i go to napierville track

what mods do you have?
[/b]
i have an exhaust cut out , AEM cold air , boost controller set up @ 17psi (sometimes 18psi) to the redline!
so my boost doesnt drop !!
and a turbosmart blowoff and 2'' drop which help alot in take offs!! and 19'' wheels

·
Registered
232 Posts
im in montreal , canada so i go to napierville track
i have an exhaust cut out , AEM cold air , boost controller set up @ 17psi (sometimes 18psi) to the redline!
so my boost doesnt drop !!
and a turbosmart blowoff and 2'' drop which help alot in take offs!! and 19'' wheels
[/b]
So all of those modded only netted about a .5 second difference in the 1/4 mile?? I would think the gains would have been a bit better. Yet you were keeping up with 12.xx second cars at that one track.

·
Registered
795 Posts
So all of those modded only netted about a .5 second difference in the 1/4 mile?? I would think the gains would have been a bit better. Yet you were keeping up with 12.xx second cars at that one track.
[/b]
i dont know how well u know about drag racing but 0.5sec is alot with just alot with the small mods i have!!!
and also it takes driving skills , i mean u need to practice at the track , i only went once to the 1/4 mile!! im sure that ATL would do better then a 13.5 if he drives my car

·
Registered
67 Posts
You guys need to come to Utah and run our mountains, every Sat night a large group will meet at the top near East Canyon resevoir and go down, again im the only 6 there but there is a group of 4 guys who own everyone, one drives a black BNR33 Skyline , 2 have EVO VIII and the other is an MR2. its mainly a cruise but now and then the hairpins and curves make you want to really feel your car. About a 2 months ago we had an 06 NSX run down with us, that thing was insane!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
p5: I'd love to see you make a run with some nice lightweight 17's you know. Those 19's have to add some serious weight to the corners.

·
Registered
795 Posts
p5: I'd love to see you make a run with some nice lightweight 17's you know. Those 19's have to add some serious weight to the corners.
[/b]
yeh maybe it would make a difference!!

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
i dont know how well u know about drag racing but 0.5sec is alot with just alot with the small mods i have!!!
and also it takes driving skills , i mean u need to practice at the track , i only went once to the 1/4 mile!! im sure that ATL would do better then a 13.5 if he drives my car
[/b]
I might have to come up there lol. :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
I might have to come up there lol. :D
[/b]
anytime dude!! im always free

1 - 17 of 17 Posts