Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I dont know if they'll engineer and design it to knock a decline in the sales of the STS, so dont expect too much.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know if they'll engineer and design it to knock a decline in the sales of the STS, so dont expect too much.
[/b]
you're talking about two different markets... sts is a large sedan, vs the mid size, more sporty and cheaper cts....

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,570 Posts
They're both ugly, so it doesn't matter.

I rented an STS, as a matter of fact.. last year when I went to the Detroit auto show. I was unimpressed. It felt small and cheap to me.

I may actually fly out next weekend to see the show for the hell of it... still haven't decided.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but I assume you are aware of the CTS-V ? that's what I'm mosty interested in...

I think this car is going to kick ass...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
you're talking about two different markets... sts is a large sedan, vs the mid size, more sporty and cheaper cts....
[/b]
My point was with the design and its appointments. If its the newer version it will end up having a lot of what its higher end counter-part currently has in it, obviously until its re-design when they up the ante some. I also, from the sneak pics dont think it looks horribly different from the current version, so who knows, either way its a cool looking car, lets hope it lives up to the hype.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I'm with Lapis, they're both ugly. The peek of the new CTS isn't leading me to believe the new one will be any better in styling. No flow, proportion, or integration in that nose at all.

However, if they could lose the Mountain Dew font, the poor ergonomics, and the combination of cheap plastic and ladies-who-lunch interior treatment, it will be substantially improved.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
allright allright... so there ain't much love for the CTS on this board.... I still stand by my assertion. Check out the newest design:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...otopanel..2.*#5

Pretty damn sweet... and look at the interior! Hand stiched leather over the dash and doors.... styling wise also looks awesome. Of course it's hard to tell from the pictures how the quality is, but I have my hopes up.
And yes, there still is the question of GM quality... I sure hope they are getting their sh!t in order...

CTS isn't your typical jellybean styling exercise. It tends to polarise people...but I love it, just like I do most of recent Cadillac's efforts (styling wise, not necessary build quality). It's like a nice fresh Armani suit instead of sweat pants and a t-shirt.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've always liked the CTS, particularly the V...I really like this new version. Nice update.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vulgar?
I say it has "character". It's strong :) not wimpy ass like ...uh... oh I don't know, like the subaru's chicken beak for example...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Its not my cup of tea, but from the pictures you've posted it does look nice. I wonder where on the interior they would place a navigation system?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for more pics you can go here:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-cadillac-cts-1/

the navigation system supposedly rises from top of the dash, like in mazda6 (or just mazdaspeed6 not sure)

one thing that bothers me is that damn foot operated hand brake... stupidest idea ever. GM needs to get rid of that.

also by now you'd expect cars in this class to have keyless ignition... a START button....

I am pretty impressed with the styling of the interior however.... need to sit in it to make sure the quality of materials and construction is up to expectations though... oh and exteriors is awesome as well :) it's very nicely balanced; large wheels, short overhangs, body rapped tightly over the chassis.... me gusta!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Overall I think it is a well designed GM.
I cannot get past the front end however.

It's good for a Caddy....

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The exterior styling doesn't work for me. I think they've made some progress (remember the Cimarron?) but imo, the new styling is ugly in person. Pix look good, at some angles but in person, it doesn't work for me. The interior, however, is nice. My 2 cents...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like it. Like some others, cant wait to check out the V-Series for it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The exterior styling doesn't work for me. I think they've made some progress (remember the Cimarron?) but imo, the new styling is ugly in person. Pix look good, at some angles but in person, it doesn't work for me. The interior, however, is nice. My 2 cents...[/b]
uh... its world premiere was today... have you actually seen it in person? u been to the show?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
uh... its world premiere was today... have you actually seen it in person? u been to the show?[/b]
Sorry, meant to say the new Cadillac styling. The new one isn't any different for me, in terms of the lines. It's ugly.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
I like it. Both the exterior and interior look MUCH, MUCH better than the prev-gen. If the interior quality is as good as it looks, I see them getting more sales...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I like the front end. Looks really aggressive. Rest of the styling isint my cup of tea. Those seats look plain weird. They dropped the wimpy 2.8 V6 and have nothing but the 3.^L V6... O and you can get it with Direct Injection :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts