Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i get rid of the bastage? I'm going to see if the dealer can't take care of it tommorow. If not take the head light apart? any ideas?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yea if you can't get him out, just take out the headlight and just stick some pliers/long tweezers and just pluck it out. If that doesn't work maybe some compressed air to blow him out..or possibly a flexible stick with a bit of adhesive material at the tip to get it out...shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys.
he seems to be making a home in there

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got back from the deal. stated they couldn't do it under warrenty and where it was at would at least be an hours worth of work. the spider did move to a different spot and i was able to kill it, webs are still there.

maybe i'll get off my lazy ass and bake the headlight and clean it out.

·
Registered
829 Posts
just got back from the deal. stated they couldn't do it under warrenty and where it was at would at least be an hours worth of work. the spider did move to a different spot and i was able to kill it, webs are still there.

maybe i'll get off my lazy ass and bake the headlight and clean it out.
[/b]
I had a couple of dead bugs in my tail light assembly. Dealer ordered a new one and replaced for me under warranty.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
They couldn't remove a spider under warranty????they sold you the car with the spider in it right?

They should have done something about it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i've had the car for about a month now.
they are not going to warrenty it because they said mazda would drop the claim because it doesn't effect the light in any way. they say they usually just die or crawl out and the webbing eventually disintigrates.

they say it happens more than you think. there are drain holes in the headlight for the condensation and they usually crawl in there. the guy said they don't last to long because they can't get food in there and it gets hot and the die from the heat when the sun shines on it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
how odd, i saw a dead spider in the headlight my '04 the other day and it made me laugh. i had never had a problem with bugs getting insde my headlights before. i do have a problem with gnats getting iside the cabin tho. all windows are up and sunroof is closed but they are still getting in somewhere. drives me crazy.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
How would you like to see this?

thread

pic

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
eek and i though i had it bad. how'd you end up gettin gthat mofo out?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
My 2003 6s had a dead spider in the headlight housing as well. It stayed there the entire 3 years I owned the car. I think this is a factory issue, although the Speed6 is made in Japan.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.