Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live outside of Cleveland and we're notorius for yucky winter weather, I want to pick up some cheap steel wheels and snow tires for the winter, can someone point me in the right direction as far as what will fit my car and a suggestion on matching snow tires to go with them. also can someone send me the link on how to repair scratched rims. ( I boo booed my stock 6i wheels yesterday ) thanx for the help

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I live outside of Cleveland and we're notorius for yucky winter weather, I want to pick up some cheap steel wheels and snow tires for the winter, can someone point me in the right direction as far as what will fit my car and a suggestion on matching snow tires to go with them. also can someone send me the link on how to repair scratched rims. ( I boo booed my stock 6i wheels yesterday ) thanx for the help
[/b]
As "DaBears2k" would say..... :search:
There are a few writes up on snow tires and rims sizes. There is even something on fixing a scratch rim.

·
Registered
76 Posts
... I want to pick up some cheap steel wheels and snow tires for the winter ... what will fit my car and a suggestion on matching snow tires to go with them ... [/b]
As a start point, go with 16 inch steelies - that will meet your aim for cost because will save on BOTH rims and tires. Added bonus is that 16 is better for winter - less tire to push through snow. 205/60R16 replaces the stock 17s. As for what tire to buy - you will find MANY recommendations on this forum. I asked and decided on Pirelli Winter Carving at this post
but :search: or browse the wheels / tires sub-forum and you'll find other great opinions.

Also check out tire rack or 1010tires - even if you don't want to buy online (I did not), you can still get tons of info on pricing and specs (1010 even has a nifty size calculator that compares different specs).

One other advice - you will find many choices as you hunt and may get frustrated - stick to your aim for winter traction - it makes driving on the crap so much safer, even fun most days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts