Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sniper Tuning is currently looking for the 2006-2007 Speed6, Speed3, and 2007 Miata in the local area in Florida. They are currently working for Mazda on the tuning on a future release supercharged Mazda, and are interested in getting into the currently available cars. They would need the owner and his car (Owner optional) for the entire day as they remove the ECU for research. The car would be used to develope a tune if they are succesfull at retrieving the stock strategy, and the car would recieve performance tuning free of charge. Take note, as with any research testing, there is a small chance your car could be down for a number of days should the PCM be damaged and need to be replaced. In case of this situation Sniper would cover the cost of the replacement PCM, but you would supply your alternative transportation. This kind of endeaver is not for the faint of heart.

If you live in or near Sanford Florida contact SNIPER INC at:

Sniper, Inc.

253 Central Park Dr.
Sanford, FL 32771

Sales: 407-321-5725
Fax: 407-321-5805

Sales: sales(REMOVE)@snipertuning.com
Technical: tech(REMOVE)@snipertuning.com

·
Registered
788 Posts
If I still lived in Tampa, FL, I would definitely do it, but I do not live near there anymore...too bad...sounds like a good venture...

·
Registered
803 Posts
i might be able to at some point, depending on when they need it and for how long. im in tallahassee for school, but live in miami, im usually driving all over florida anyway, so depending on the time frame, id be willing. id love a free friggin tune

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Like business said wouldn't this make more sense on a Regular 6 not a Mazdaspeed6...

I mean it would be more of a benefit since more people own a Regular Mazda6 and would be mroe prone towards Supercharging that engine. What would be the point of studying the ECU of a FI Car when they should focus on the tough to crack 6 ECU...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I can do it, I'm a college kid in Gainesville and usually have nothing to do.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Like business said wouldn't this make more sense on a Regular 6 not a Mazdaspeed6...

I mean it would be more of a benefit since more people own a Regular Mazda6 and would be mroe prone towards Supercharging that engine. What would be the point of studying the ECU of a FI Car when they should focus on the tough to crack 6 ECU...
[/b]
Yeah, what he said.

Where's the love for the 6i/s?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
They have been trying to get a Speed6/MZ6 for a while, and after talking to them myself (I live 10 minutes from there) I decided not to let them touch my car....

·
Registered
105 Posts
They have been trying to get a Speed6/MZ6 for a while, and after talking to them myself (I live 10 minutes from there) I decided not to let them touch my car....
[/b]
WHY ? are you holding something back from us Florida guys

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I'm not holding you back, this has been posted on here a lot in the past...

I just don't know how they are going to tune the car with a FWD dyno, and without any Mazda experience....

All I said was after talking to them I decided I didn't want them touching my car...

·
Registered
168 Posts
What supercharged car are they working on??!?!? I cant think of any at all, 3 and 6 got mazdaspeed treatment, mx-5?? i think it'll be turboed? RX-8? no way, b/c if theres a list of companies for mazda to work with, i know the top 2 or 3...and its a rotary.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
FWD dyno only? You must mean 2WD dyno as Sniper makes stuff for Ford and GM RWD vehicles like the Mustang and Camaro.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Maybe they'll do all of their dyno'ing with 1 click up on the e-brake :D
[/b]
Thats real safe.... I would never do that... what if in the process it "unclicks" itself?? What if someone in their shop says guys, why are you dynoing the car with the handbrake on and lets it off....

If you want to do it, go ahead, but I gave you warning...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thats real safe.... I would never do that... what if in the process it "unclicks" itself?? What if someone in their shop says guys, why are you dynoing the car with the handbrake on and lets it off....

If you want to do it, go ahead, but I gave you warning...
[/b]
I was being uh...sarcastic, never thought anyone would actually do that for said reasons.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Yeah.... so how exactly is that going to help our situation?
[/b]
Maybe what you wrote originally was a typo. Maybe not. How do I know?

As far as working on Fords and GMs goes... that is to say that just because they haven't worked on Mazdas yet doesn't necessarily mean anything. If they'd never worked on ANY cars yet... I'd be more worried. granted SCT and Diablo seem to be bigger at least in the Mustang and LS1/LS2 world than Sniper though.

Did you ask them directly "Just how are you planning on dynoing this AWD car on a 2WD dyno?"

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yes, and I got "we'll figure it out"...

Search the word Sniper, there is a massive topic some time back when I had my old car as well..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts