Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got some new adr 17 inch rims, same size as the OEM alloy rims, but anyways, had them put on and mounted with my old tires, balanced, rotated, and when im driving, i definetly feel a difference. I feel much more bumps in the road and it doesn't sound as smooth as my old car, could it be my wheels? maybe the stock wheels absorb shock better due to it's density?

And what mods or things can I do to add on or change on my car to make it feel smoother again, I want it to feel like it did when i bought the car which was a few weeks ago, shocks? Add more air to the tires? :tear:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Ok, got some new adr 17 inch rims, same size as the OEM alloy rims, but anyways, had them put on and mounted with my old tires, balanced, rotated, and when im driving, i definetly feel a difference. I feel much more bumps in the road and it doesn't sound as smooth as my old car, could it be my wheels? maybe the stock wheels absorb shock better due to it's density?

And what mods or things can I do to add on or change on my car to make it feel smoother again, I want it to feel like it did when i bought the car which was a few weeks ago, shocks? Add more air to the tires? :tear:
[/b]
First thing I would check would be tire pressure. It might be higher than 32psi, you might want to take some air out which will make the ride better.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
if your new wheels are heavier than stock, you probably experience that problem.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Find out if the correct lugs were used AND that they were torqued correctly.

My guess would be, too much air in the tires!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I too think its the air in the tires. Or maybe check around the tire to see if there is any bulges or bald spots!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Did you get hub rings with the wheels? Could be that the lugs aren't torqued and lined up properly, causing a vibration.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
let us know if there was too much air in the tires... that's typically what happens because when you take it to a tire place, they don't want to underinflate your tires because then they are liable for ruining your wheels. Also, do you have pics of your wheels?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts