Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question,
how long does the car have to sit before it starts to smoke if it has the turbo seal problem? I am going to look at a car tomorrow and want to make sure that it is not effected.

thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
523 Posts
+/- 15 minutes

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine took less than - at operating tempature about 3 minutes - but seems to be partially cured by using 10/40 oil - although mazda u.k DO NOT acknowledge ANY smoking issues with turbos also WILL not even look at american tsb's......

·
Registered
884 Posts
With my car warmed up it will take a minute tops......I'm also only running one cat and I haven't changed my oil over. I'm also using the ptp smokey turbo fix....and at the moment its doing nothing.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
the smoke is almost immediate at idle, it just has to waft out of the exhaust piping.... turn on the a/c and you'll see what i mean. with the ac inactive there will be no/little smoke, the ac will kick on and engine load will push out the smoke from the head end of the exhaust and it will clear, the ac will kick off-no smoke, ac kicks on and pushes the smoke out again

try the bnoon banjo bolt

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
How about almost immediately after turning the car on? Mines like bmorris. Horrible when the a/c kicks in. I'm gonna have to upgrade my damn turbo solely to stop the smoke. The extra hp will just be a bonus lol. It's really unbearable in my car anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts