Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
WTH???? load eq???? why??? u r saying u have leds bulb in ur turn signal??? if so, that is not the question here.. lol... oh ok... i guess it does works with signal mod... hmmmmmm tempting... damn..... i m so run out of cash right now.... lol

1 questions hasnt been answered yet..... can we use the 7% discount on top of this?? :D[/b]

yes you can. you can either use the $5 off or the 7% discount, but not both.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just ordered the set. Can't wait!!! I was going to order the sharkfin antenna at the same time, but I choked... Any of u guyz have that? What do u think? I'm sure there's a page in the forum on it, but I'd loose this page and have to type all over again if I went looking for it.
Thanx![/b]

I've heard the sharkfin isn't so great if you listen to the radio alot, reception is extremely poor. I put the CX-7 stubby on my 6 and it works great...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just received mine today. I'm debating on whether to mod the rear reflectors to work w/ the brakes or w/ the turn signal. I'm concerned that w/ the rears blinking along w/ everything else it might look a little too strobe light-y. Any feedback to sway me one way or the other?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Just received mine today. I'm debating on whether to mod the rear reflectors to work w/ the brakes or w/ the turn signal. I'm concerned that w/ the rears blinking along w/ everything else it might look a little too strobe light-y. Any feedback to sway me one way or the other?[/b]
i did the brakes today. i would like them to be used so thats y i went/ the brakes. didnt like the idea of them being all all the time/ my lights so i opted for the brakes. just me .02
Just received mine today. I'm debating on whether to mod the rear reflectors to work w/ the brakes or w/ the turn signal. I'm concerned that w/ the rears blinking along w/ everything else it might look a little too strobe light-y. Any feedback to sway me one way or the other?[/b]
i did the brakes today. i would like them to be used so thats y i went/ the brakes. didnt like the idea of them being all all the time/ my lights so i opted for the brakes. just me .02

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well it looks like you confirmed it brakes have nothing to do with blinkers. So now I will confirm that I have the sidemarker blinker mod and just plugged the smoked sidemarkers in and they blink OEM without any needed modification.[/b]

so i got mines today and i quickly installed it...however, when everything was all done...my smoked sidemarkers doesn't blink when i have my turn signals on...did i do something wrong? gladly appreciate any help

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
so i got mines today and i quickly installed it...however, when everything was all done...my smoked sidemarkers doesn't blink when i have my turn signals on...did i do something wrong? gladly appreciate any help[/b]
Do the sidemarkers light up?

I had them light up with the bumper off but when I put the bumper back on the car they didn't light up, so after pulling the bumper off again I notice I had pulled the wire out the sidemarker plug that went to the headlight signal. Put it back in and everything worked.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
so i got mines today and i quickly installed it...however, when everything was all done...my smoked sidemarkers doesn't blink when i have my turn signals on...did i do something wrong? gladly appreciate any help[/b]
Did they blink before the smoked sidemarkers were installed? If not, then you haven't done the turn signal mod. Do the mod to make them blink with the turn signals (when parking lights are off) or opposite to turn signals (when parking lights are on).

If you have done the turn signal mod then somehow you've reversed the mod by installing the smoked side markers. How this would actually happen I could not begin to fathom. If you broke a wire the sidemarkers won't work at all, not work like normal un-modded sides, because the proper turn signal mod requires cutting of the ground wire to the sides.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Do the sidemarkers light up?

I had them light up with the bumper off but when I put the bumper back on the car they didn't light up, so after pulling the bumper off again I notice I had pulled the wire out the sidemarker plug that went to the headlight signal. Put it back in and everything worked.[/b]
In another thread, he said that he never did the sidemarke blinker mod in the first place...so that could be the reason. :slap:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
<strike>so i got mines today and i quickly installed it...however, when everything was all done...my smoked sidemarkers doesn't blink when i have my turn signals on...did i do something wrong? gladly appreciate any help[/b]
Before putting these sidemarkers in, did your OEM sidemarkers blink w/ your turns?</strike>

DAMNIT I'm slow today!

·
Registered
22 Posts
yea...nm i got it...i never really did the blinker mod that's why...stupid me -_- ...i thought everything is just pnp to get it to blink...just like what kpjimmy said. anyhow...can anyone give me the link on how-to re: the blinker mod. thanks.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
In another thread, he said that he never did the sidemarke blinker mod in the first place...so that could be the reason. :slap:[/b]
Yeah I read it so I will post the How to here as well.

Sidemarkers will only blink it the sidemarker mod has been done first.

Link for the How to: How to make your sidemarkers blink

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just finished doin' the side(w/mod) and tail markers and opted for the tail markers to come on with the tail lights. I actually bought some 1/4" vinyl hose from Home Depot to house the wires for a little protection. I'll post some pics after I wash her.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Finally got mine on, they look great on the Smokestone color... I'll get some pics Monday if anyone wants em... (Left my camera at work)
i did the brakes today. i would like them to be used so thats y i went/ the brakes. didnt like the idea of them being all all the time/ my lights so i opted for the brakes. just me .02i did the brakes today. i would like them to be used so thats y i went/ the brakes. didnt like the idea of them being all all the time/ my lights so i opted for the brakes. just me .02[/b]
I think when I get my rears, I'll try to do bothe brakes and TurnSignals ... I agree that having them on with the lights may be too much... Could try to do all 3....

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I agree that having them on with the lights may be too much... Could try to do all 3....[/b]
I have had mine on with the lights since January and love them. I like the fact that they draw attention when I am simply driving and not just changing lanes or braking. But that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have had mine on with the lights since January and love them. I like the fact that they draw attention when I am simply driving and not just changing lanes or braking. But that is just my opinion.[/b]
Point taken..

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've heard the sharkfin isn't so great if you listen to the radio alot, reception is extremely poor. I put the CX-7 stubby on my 6 and it works great...[/b]
yea, I picked 1 up at the dealer for $17 and the reception is the same!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
yea, I picked 1 up at the dealer for $17 and the reception is the same![/b]

I have the CX-7 and while it's good for FM, it absolutely SUCKS for AM. Not good when you're heading home on a Sunday night and watch to catch MLB or NFL....

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have the CX-7 and while it's good for FM, it absolutely SUCKS for AM. Not good when you're heading home on a Sunday night and watch to catch MLB or NFL....[/b]
Hmmm that is odd. My AM reception definitely didn't change.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts