Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 99.9% positive I got the link to the site from here, but I don't recall anyone mentioning them yet. It appears smoked headlamps and taillamps are already available, what do you think:

http://www.specr.com.sg/

Find it on the top of their Products page

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: Smoked Headlamps

Waiting for a reply from them on the price.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

I thought you meant the other blacked out taillights... They aren't all black but the backing is black. The rest of the housing is clear.. I want those lights but Ive only seen them for the taillights, havent seen the blacked out headlights yet.

EDIT: Heres some pics of what I mean in case I have confused anyone...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Smoked Headlamps'

I saw those kinds of lights on a Civic before... butt ugly, imho. I'd rather have the blacked-out housing lights.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Love the tails in Absoluts post, Im guessing these aren't available here in NA yet?
Are there ANY aftermarket accessories or parts out yet? Im having trouble personalizing my new ride. And yeah Im aware the car is "new";)

·
Registered
461 Posts

the black headlight housing is available at Mazda's Japanese website. You should be able to navigate around the website, just point over a icon and check the status bar of IE.

www.mazda.com.jp

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

those look like the old school acrylic smoke tail and headlight covers. gay and played out imo

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by 84FordMan

I'm 99.9% positive I got the link to the site from here, but I don't recall anyone mentioning them yet. It appears smoked headlamps and taillamps are already available, what do you think:

http://www.specr.com.sg/

Find it on the top of their Products page[/b]
Here is the response I got back from specr

Thank you for your email. Currently we are still in the middle of establishing business relationship with Japan AutoExe. We still cannot confirm the price for the AutoExe Mazda 6 Atenza parts. Kindly check back with us again around mid or late April. We will save your contact in our customer database. When we have the stock and price we will inform you immediately. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Laurence Lee
Business Manager.

·
Registered
683 Posts

Originally posted by ChoppaBoy

those look like the old school acrylic smoke tail and headlight covers. gay and played out imo[/b]
so being gay is played out?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

No, I think what he's saying is this:

The headlight covers are convex surfaces, and they enjoy the company of other convex surfaces.

I'm not sure what the played out thing means, but I'm sure it has deep significance.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

As I understand it, it is the actual headlamp that is smoked, not some chinsy plastic covers over the lenses.

Generally a smoked headlamp will look much better than the plastic covers, but there are instances in which I have seen the covers make it look even better, but all has to do with the curves of the body (Like on the SN-95 Mustang, a very shapely car at base, with a black body on black covers, the covers look more natural than the actual headlamps themselves)

·
Registered
43 Posts

Did you see what else they sell?

MT-10 Metal Treatment
Engine Addictive Oil
237ml

MT-10 Metal Treatment
Transmission Addictive Oil
237ml

Just what I need, a junkie car. ;)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

why would you do that to your headlights? if u didnt understand my comments above, I THINK IT LOOKS CHEESY, and chances are it probably reduces your vision at night. the tails look ok tho

besides, i doubt its some commercial aftermarket product like some of you guys think. it strongly looks like transparent paint

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Originally posted by ChoppaBoy

why would you do that to your headlights? if u didnt understand my comments above, I THINK IT LOOKS CHEESY, and chances are it probably reduces your vision at night. the tails look ok tho

besides, i doubt its some commercial aftermarket product like some of you guys think. it strongly looks like transparent paint[/b]
You don't have an optimistic nature do you?

I driven Mustang GTs with tinted lamps, no difference in light output using OE halogens. EVen if it does, there is a growing number of us moving up to HID lights anyway.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Smoked Headlamps'

well if it reduces vision or not that remains to be seen. untill you know what they are using to tint the glass i dont think you can possibly know either. i highly doubt the actual glass is smoked, therefore some kind of paint is being used or maybe even a film

*ps, this is all strictly my opinion and id hate for every car to look the same, so by all means go forth with your endeavors. i just wont do it to my car :D and i already have hid's on my max :)

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Smoked Headlamps'

Meh, you must be psychic or something Choppa, just got this email:

Hi Mr Edward,

Thank you for your email. For the Smoked headlamps and taillamps is US$15.00 per piece. We install a special film for headlamps on the exterior of your existing headlamps. Lights are able to penetrate as normal even it is smoke tinted.

But you are from overseas we can't do it on your vehicle, we mainly do it for our local customer vehicles. Thank you.

Best regards,
Laurence Lee.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
heh, i knew it wasnt natural.

that film deteriorates too, being on the headlamps they are vulnerable to all the road debris that make our bumpers look like sh!t, im skeptic on how long it would stay looking good

·
Registered
793 Posts

As for the Tinted Smoke lamp we only sell to local customer because we need to have hands on your headlamp to apply a special tinted film on the headlamps.

Thats what they told me

1 - 20 of 20 Posts