Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I need some help/tips for find out what's wrong with my Mazda 6.

My Mazda has an intermittent problem it smells burn from the engine bay. I believe the smell comes from the DPF.

Another thing I noticed is that the fuel consumption increases when It starts smelling..

Another thing that I notice is that when it starts smelling and I shut off the engine and restart it again, the engine sometimes starts operates normaly again and fuel consumption is normal again.

I've readed the DTCs there's no fault codes before/during/after the time it smells.

Do you have any idea what could be the source of this fault?

The car is a Mazda 6 Diesel 2.2 MZR-CD

·
Registered
743 Posts
Do you do a lot of city driving? If yes, then you need to give your car a stretch. You should run the car continuously for one hour at 100 kph (60 mph).

This will give time for the accumulated particulates to burn. If I'm not mistaken, and please someone correct me in this, fuel is injected more to the engine or to the DPF directly for it to do "regeneration". This of course, will lead to high fuel consumption.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You probably right. I performed an active DPF regen yesterday and changed the oil. The car is running much better.
I bought this car from an older gentleman. He drove the car very little. The car had only 50000 km when I bought it.
Thank you for your reply...

·
Registered
743 Posts
If I may ask, how did you perform that active Regen? I haven't experienced one and so I'm curious.

I checked online and this is what I found:

·
Registered
743 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts