Mazda 6 Forums banner

381 - 399 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
No saving it, after getting in taking and out the caps, it's actually the circuit board that fried in one spot which is in the Amplifier area, the Amplifier is built into the board itself, it's not separate.
Was reading the thread from page 1.
This post broke my heart

·
Registered
44 Posts
For anyone who doesn't want to read the whole thread, here's the summary
1. There are lots of similar Chinese units. Smart Rover is what 90% got and is trusted.
2. The unit has positive reviews. Consensus is that this unit is much better than the stock
3. The unit is plug and play with the following exceptions
*Rear camera works for manual transmissions but you have to do a workaround with a diff connector. (Its on page 16)
*For Bose to work you have to do a little modification to 1 wire. (It is somewhere in this thread)
4. The unit died for 2 users after approx. 1.5 years
5. The audio quality is the same and this unit is not for audiophiles. (Unless you install a DSP, LOC and an Amp)
6. The bluetooth is worse than stock HU but you can install the native apps e.g. spotify directly on the HU.
7. You can root the unit and apparently there is good support from xda as well.
8. Rear view camera looks stretched and pixelated. No one has yet replaced it with an aftermarket camera yet.
9. You can adjust the color of touch buttons to any color. The unit comes with an app for that
10. The default vehicle settings work. The unit comes with an app for that too.
11. The CAN bus works, shows which door is open, triggers reverse camera (atleast on auto) , parking sensors work too if your car has them
12. Steering keys all work (via CANbus)
13. HMI Commander knob doesn't work and no one has been able to reprogram it to any other key e.g. volume +/- . Android doesn't recognize/register it

FWIW, I got carried away by the looks of it, both the 9" and 8" look super cool however I don't think I'll spend $400 on it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
For anyone who doesn't want to read the whole thread, here's the summary
1. There are lots of similar Chinese units. Smart Rover is what 90% got and is trusted.
2. The unit has positive reviews. Consensus is that this unit is much better than the stock
3. The unit is plug and play with the following exceptions
*Rear camera works for manual transmissions but you have to do a workaround with a diff connector. (Its on page 16)
*For Bose to work you have to do a little modification to 1 wire. (It is somewhere in this thread)
4. The unit died for 2 users after approx. 1.5 years
5. The audio quality is the same and this unit is not for audiophiles. (Unless you install a DSP, LOC and an Amp)
6. The bluetooth is worse than stock HU but you can install the native apps e.g. spotify directly on the HU.
7. You can root the unit and apparently there is good support from xda as well.
8. Rear view camera looks stretched and pixelated. No one has yet replaced it with an aftermarket camera yet.
9. You can adjust the color of touch buttons to any color. The unit comes with an app for that
10. The default vehicle settings work. The unit comes with an app for that too.
11. The CAN bus works, shows which door is open, triggers reverse camera (atleast on auto) , parking sensors work too if your car has them
12. Steering keys all work (via CANbus)
13. HMI Commander knob doesn't work and no one has been able to reprogram it to any other key e.g. volume +/- . Android doesn't recognize/register it

FWIW, I got carried away by the looks of it, both the 9" and 8" look super cool however I don't think I'll spend $400 on it.

Pretty much correct on all your breakdowns, but I would still buy this again if I had to, luckily the seller repaired the radio for me took 4 weeks, had to send the radio back.. Commander Knob works only in a limited fashion for going back and forth in songs in apps like Spotify or up and down selections and pressing knob to select depending on apps. Curretly my radio is rooted with RedMod instead of the stock OS that came with the radio, app switching and running mutiple apps at the same is just faster.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Android_4_1024X600_DATA-6GB_USER-7.2GB
guy989 can I get your help. I've downloaded that file twice from ???????? ??? ???????????? MBR ??????, ?????? 4CORE. - ???????? ??? ???????????? ?? ????????? Allwinner R16, T3, T8. It comes in a .rar file which I extract to show a .img file. However, when I try to open the img file it says "unable to open file is corrupt". I've tried downloading it twice (the 1024x600 file). Do you still have the file you used? Do you simply put the .img in the root folder of a USB flash drive or do you have to extract the contents of the .img file? Because I've tried updating the HU using the .img file but the HU doesn't recognize it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
guy989 can I get your help. I've downloaded that file twice from ???????? ??? ???????????? MBR ??????, ?????? 4CORE. - ???????? ??? ???????????? ?? ????????? Allwinner R16, T3, T8. It comes in a .rar file which I extract to show a .img file. However, when I try to open the img file it says "unable to open file is corrupt". I've tried downloading it twice (the 1024x600 file). Do you still have the file you used? Do you simply put the .img in the root folder of a USB flash drive or do you have to extract the contents of the .img file? Because I've tried updating the HU using the .img file but the HU doesn't recognize it.
I did not have an issue with extracting the file. However, this is not a simple upload to usb and flash deal. This needs to be flash through a computer with a USB A to A cable. The flashing process is here: ?????????? ?? ???????? ?? ??? ?????? ?????????? ???? ? ??? ?????? - ???????? ??? ???????????? ?? ????????? Allwinner R16, T3, T8

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, bit of a problem here.

I upgraded to the newest unit (7.1.2, T8 processor) when my original one got buggy. Tried to upgrade to RedMod and got stuck at this screen. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #389

I upgraded to the newest unit (7.1.2, T8 processor) when my original one got buggy. Tried to upgrade to RedMod and got stuck at this screen. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
Cannot help you with that one, The unit in here is the Allwinner R16 which only goes to Android 6. Try the redmod forum for help on this or email Karog directly for help on this.. suggest emailing Karog if you paid for the mod.

???????? Allwinner T8 - ANDROID 7.1.2 - ???????? ??? ???????????? ?? ????????? Allwinner R16, T3, T8

·
Registered
137 Posts

If you are using the FREE RedMod from this thread, it is only for R16. For the T8 that you have, it needs to be bought from the developer. You can try this stock firmware https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wvZXA-zkL8gYGOGnX_sjZmBVR57fUZ-3/view

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update: Fixed! Turns out I probably missed a file or one got corrupted during transfer. Just forced another update with new files and it worked fine. Just in case anybody else needs to know how to force the unit into update mode, here it is. It worked for me on my Kit Kat and Nougat units.

Put a USB with your files in the 3G slot

1. Turn your car ignition to ACC and boot the unit
2. Hit the reset button and immediately shut the car off
3. Wait 5 seconds, and then turn ignition back to ACC, and unit will flash whatever updates you have on the USB

Note- will not work if you have shut down delay on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have recently purchased Allwinner T8 Android 7.1. I have been switching around between RedMod, original and modified firmware and it seems I lost BT functionality. I have not backed up my MCU partition so if anyone of you who has the same head unit with rooted firmware could you please export your MCU partition so I could just import it again?

I believe this command should do the job if you run in Terminal Emulator

su
dd if=/dev/block/by-name/private of=/sdcard/private.img bs=4096

·
Registered
16 Posts
Allwinner T8 Android 7.1.
I have that unit, and I had the exact same issue when switching to RedMod (after I fixed my above F-up). I only know a partial fix with RedMod. I got Bluetooth functionality back by switching the Bluetooth driver in the developer options menu. Hit configuration, switch to BT8-3, and restart the unit. That allowed me to connect my phone (OG pixel XL). All the commands work, like phone, and music controls, but now I have no sound when using bluetooth. Karogs, the RedMod developer is working on this now. Smart Rover sent me the stock firmware and MCU files in case bad stuff happens.

For the stock firmware:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1meS2FcsyhWdAUmFqmkAbZiJ4ihvYYc4B

For the mcu control unit.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p2ha0b9blAmaoz5VzGzBM8kx92iUzRMY

If you come up with a fix for this, I would love to hear about it! I'm sure Karogs would too. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you come up with a fix for this, I would love to hear about it! I'm sure Karogs would too. Good luck!
I thought I am the only one I had this issue. Yes switching to BC-3 connects to my phone but no calls or BT music is heard. I got this working once when I switched back to stock rom, did a factory reset, then changed a few thinks in MCU control settings (I cannot remember but I think I disabled and enabled DVD) and then upgraded back to Redmod. But it seems it was just one off fix and after I upgraded the firmware again I can no longer replicate what I have done previously. This is why I suspect this might be something to do with the MCU partition hence I am asking people to export their private.img

UPDATE:

Ok it seems your files have helped with the BT sound on the stock firmware - Thanks! But still no sound on Redmod.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good news guys! Karogs put out an update for the T8 7.1 units, and BT functionality is back! I just flashed this morning. Calls and music via BT from my phone are working perfectly.

381 - 399 of 399 Posts