Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I looked at all the connectors in the back of the HU and none seem to fit the bose harness. Anyone know where the bose amp connector is?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I looked at all the connectors in the back of the HU and none seem to fit the bose harness. Anyone know where the bose amp connector is?
Ok, Did you by any chance let the seller of the radio know you had the Bose system in your car? If not you may be missing a key component. I do not have Bose, so i have no idea what it look like.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks @MadStyle! Is this the same one I suggested earlier (please re-provide link) and how much was it total? Last question, how hard was it to remove the old one and did you do a step-by-step? Thanks again!
Yes it is, link is on the original post on page 1.. I also added the link to the youtube video as well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hisma, how well is it working using Tasker to launch your Wifi tether? Like start the car, how long until everything launches and the head unit has Wifi? I'm just curious because I was thinking of doing this same when mine arrives. Hopefully this week!
it works very well. just one simple task to start wifi tether upon bt connection & stop wifi tether when bt disconnects.
it takes about 20-25 secs to cold boot the unit, and another 5-10 secs for the wifi to connect. So at most 35 seconds from start. Typically I get wifi right around the same time my GPS locks.
As I said I experimented w/ placing the GPS in various locations. The HU comes w/ an app that tells you how strong your GPS signal is. I get best signal and fastest lock placing my GPS at the center of my windshield next to my rearview mirror. So when you go to mount your external mic I'd run the GPS along with it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks @MadStyle! Is this the same one I suggested earlier (please re-provide link) and how much was it total? Last question, how hard was it to remove the old one and did you do a step-by-step? Thanks again!
here is the video I followed to do the installation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7PlDofGmc

Very easy. I can remove the trim & pull my radio in like 2 minutes. I've probably done it over 20 times now lol.
Pulling the OEM radio is really easy. Just make sure you have a rachet w/ a 10mm nut driver. An extension really helps since it's pretty deep in there. Once you remove that nut you don't ever need to put it back again.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
here is the video I followed to do the installation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7PlDofGmc

Very easy. I can remove the trim & pull my radio in like 2 minutes. I've probably done it over 20 times now lol.
Pulling the OEM radio is really easy. Just make sure you have a rachet w/ a 10mm nut driver. An extension really helps since it's pretty deep in there. Once you remove that nut you don't ever need to put it back again.
Well actually for this radio you need the nut, because you'll lose the 2 screws on the sides with this unit. Only thing holding radio in place will be the 10mm bolt.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Day 2 - Using NAV while driving around, so far it's great the gps antenna behind radio is not an issue for me. Signal picks up just fine. Being able to see traffic and posted speed warnings pop up while driving is great. I ran my wifi dongle and usb input into the glove compartment, luckily there is gap on the right side of radio in dash that allow you to run the cables to glove compartment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How is the bluetooth with this unit and I'm assuming the text messages are like stock android and not the crappy mazda "Do you want to download"? Does this have HD radio? Has anyone installed a working version which had Bose?

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
I also installed my 9in smart rover but didn't have as much luck. It powers up but I have no audio. There is one connection (green connector attached pic) that I'm not sure where it connects to. I don't have more free connectors on my HU. I do have the Bose package and couldn't figure out how to make use of the connector they gave. Do I need that to get the audio to work?

My backup cam also doesn't work. It doesn't switch over to the video output when I go into reverse. I know Hisma had to do some special wiring. You didn't have to do anything?

Any help is greatly appreciate.
I just got mine installed as well and have no functionality with the backup cam. Strange that it fires right up for some people, but not for others. I was thinking for a bit that it might be related to MT/AT, but I guess you have an AT since you have Bose.

I was looking at that connector and also couldn't find a place for it on the unit. I was just thinking "damn I'm glad I don't have Bose."

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I just got mine installed as well and have no functionality with the backup cam. Strange that it fires right up for some people, but not for others. I was thinking for a bit that it might be related to MT/AT, but I guess you have an AT since you have Bose.

I was looking at that connector and also couldn't find a place for it on the unit. I was just thinking "damn I'm glad I don't have Bose."
Did you connect the camera yellow RCA from Harness to HU female yellow RCA cable and also the CAM Line is what powering the camera when in reverse, make sure they connect from harness CAM Line to HU CAM line.

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Did you connect the camera yellow RCA from Harness to HU female yellow RCA cable and also the CAM Line is what powering the camera when in reverse, make sure they connect from harness CAM Line to HU CAM line.
Yep, got both of those. I'll play with it some more and see if it may be a loose wire in a connector. The wire for the right-front speaker is a little loose in the connector and goes in and out as I move the headunit, so it may be the same issue with the camera wiring. Will post here for everyone if I find a solution.

Other than that -- this thing is great! I've already been watching movies on it!

Edit: I found the loose pin for the speakers and got that fixed, but couldn't find anything wrong with the camera wiring. Hopefully the seller(s) will have a solution for us soon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So the unit can control car configuration for the locks, lights, etc.?

I also see there is a harness for the Bose amp on their webpage. Would be nice to know if that works.

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
So the unit can control car configuration for the locks, lights, etc.?

I also see there is a harness for the Bose amp on their webpage. Would be nice to know if that works.
Yes, the car config menu is there. The guys with Bose have recently gotten it working. They had to connect a few more wires or something. As of right now, though, it looks like the backup camera won't work for those of us with 2015's. Everything else is good, though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, the car config menu is there. The guys with Bose have recently gotten it working. They had to connect a few more wires or something. As of right now, though, it looks like the backup camera won't work for those of us with 2015's. Everything else is good, though.

bose works as well as backup cam for 2015 AT touring

also hooked up another cam to the VIN rca and can view it through the AUX app. there's a DVR IN rca that I want to use as well but not sure what app displays the video

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
bose works as well as backup cam for 2015 AT touring

also hooked up another cam to the VIN rca and can view it through the AUX app. there's a DVR IN rca that I want to use as well but not sure what app displays the video
My understanding when you click on the AUX icon it will go to Auxiliary camera that is hooked up. For Recording hmm, plenty of DVR apps in the Playstore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can confirm that this is true plug in play HU. Just installed this in my 2014 Mazda 6 gt with tech package, nav and bose. The only wires I had to connect and twist together were the power amp wires. After that the sound came on. Everything else, just match up and plug it in.

21 - 40 of 399 Posts