Mazda 6 Forums banner

361 - 380 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
^ The guide is only for fixing the low storage for apps. It has nothing to do with the ram issue which sadly cannot be fixed as that is a hardware issue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can anyone recommend a replacement phone dialer? I tried a few last night but none of them will actually dial the phone and the one in the unit is pretty crap...doesn't even have a mute button.

I tried contacting Kevin for the 6.0.1 to 7.1.2 upgrade file last night but his email address bounced back. There are quite a few files on his website but they aren't labelled very well and probably should be also updating the corresponding MCU.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Can anyone recommend a replacement phone dialer? I tried a few last night but none of them will actually dial the phone and the one in the unit is pretty crap...doesn't even have a mute button.

I tried contacting Kevin for the 6.0.1 to 7.1.2 upgrade file last night but his email address bounced back. There are quite a few files on his website but they aren't labelled very well and probably should be also updating the corresponding MCU.
For staying up to date just visit the actual manufacturer for the update files..
Download - androidautoplayer.com

I've been using the Red-Mod on my radio for almost a year now.. this one you have to pay for and the site is in Russian but just use google chrome to read it in English. It has an Updated Dialer.

https://firmware-an21.wixsite.com/redmod

·
Registered
72 Posts
For staying up to date just visit the actual manufacturer for the update files..
Download - androidautoplayer.com

I've been using the Red-Mod on my radio for almost a year now.. this one you have to pay for and the site is in Russian but just use google chrome to read it in English. It has an Updated Dialer.

https://firmware-an21.wixsite.com/redmod
Already knew where to get the files from but they are labelled poorly.

Can you mute the microphone on the red mod diaper?

·
Registered
58 Posts
What does upgrading to Android 7.3.1 get you? Do I just unzip the download to usb stick and find it in the headunit to install automatically?

It also looks like the MCU update link isn't working, anybody have it for the 6.0 version?

·
Registered
72 Posts
What does upgrading to Android 7.3.1 get you? Do I just unzip the download to usb stick and find it in the headunit to install automatically?

It also looks like the MCU update link isn't working, anybody have it for the 6.0 version?
That was my point above, you have no idea what is in the links. There is no 7.3.1 version of Android either

·
Registered
692 Posts
So since this thread is 37 pages long and reading through all of it will require a bigger glass of vodka then I care to have right now. What is everyone's thoughts on this unit. I see if you order it now you get android 7.1.2. But has there been a lot of problems with the units in general or are people happy with the purchase?

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's definitely an upgrade from the stock unit, but I wish this unit came with more ram, because...android! It's just a bit laggy for my taste. I wish I could uninstall most of the apps it comes with because I only use a handful of my own apps. Other than that, I really like it! Does what I want it to do..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was glancing through this thread at work and seen someone say this unit only works on touring or gt models. Can someone confirm that for me, because of love to get this on my 2014 sport. Also has anyone used this unit with the nob https://www.aliexpress.com/ite...pm=2114.search0303.3.34.Cq7G8i ? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I have the 2014 manual sport model and it worked fine for me. The install is a bit of a PITA, though I doubt that differs between models. Just be careful not to F up the rest of your dash, I scratched the little clock beneath the head unit and was very upset with myself.

So yes, it does work, but its a pretty low spec unit so you really cant multitask with it. If I want streaming music and navigation, I have to stream the music through my phone over bluetooth while navigating with the head unit, otherwise the music will eventually just stop playing. I'd only recommend this if you just REALLY want an android unit.

In hind sight, I probably should have just picked up a cheapo unit to get bluetooth and had an extra storage pocket.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the 2014 manual sport model and it worked fine for me. The install is a bit of a PITA, though I doubt that differs between models. Just be careful not to F up the rest of your dash, I scratched the little clock beneath the head unit and was very upset with myself.

So yes, it does work, but its a pretty low spec unit so you really cant multitask with it. If I want streaming music and navigation, I have to stream the music through my phone over bluetooth while navigating with the head unit, otherwise the music will eventually just stop playing. I'd only recommend this if you just REALLY want an android unit.

In hind sight, I probably should have just picked up a cheapo unit to get bluetooth and had an extra storage pocket.
Got cha. I'd like an android unit to run waze and spotify. Also I like the bigger screen. I wonder if I can find another head unit to fit. The only problem with that is that I'll probably loose the car settings/controls.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts

This used to happen to mine. You can actually use navigation and music at the same time. You have to go to settings and I think it's under memory, you have to keep the apps that you use on, so it won't close background apps automatically. Before I figured that out, it drove me nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys. This might be more of an xda type question, but since we all have the same unit, I'll try here. I'm trying to mirror notifications from my Android (Pixel XL) to my head unit, much like Mazda Connect. Anybody know how to do this via a phone powered hotspot or bluetooth?

I know this would work if I put a dedicated hotspot (like a Huawei dongle) and use Pushbullet, but that's $80 I don't want to spend. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I have this unit for a month and I am very happy with its use. Everything works without problems.

The only thing is that I do not know if it happened to you that the rear parktronic is not seen. The front parktronic looks good.

I have installed the Russian firmware, Redmod and the "OK Google" function at all times is really cool. You can open the radio with your voice

a greeting

·
Banned
886 Posts
What's the point if you are going to lose car settings? How do you adjust the settings then? lol

Yeah, is mostly for the music and video capabilities, but such is life, and I don't think this would work for us guys with bose speakers.

I just use my phone, plug it in, you can have music, pandora, spotify, videos, etc.

You can even just buy a wifi unit and install on the car, so your phone auto connects whenever you are inside. Obviously, only pandora would be playing through the speakers lol but such is life

361 - 380 of 399 Posts