Mazda 6 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got mine last week:)

A professional installed the unit, there was few problems with it:
- One of the pins was shorter in a connector, didn't connect when he plugged in, and no sound because of it, but he fixedd the issue.
- The right - left labels were switched on the connectors, but he realized so it's fine now.
- The wheeldrive buttons are working, but a cannot use the buttons around the knob, are yours working out of the box, or you had to configure them?
- If i call somebody through bluetooth, they don't hear me, but i hear them, wonder if it's an external microphone connection problem, or settings related. I have the BC8 option checked, and the BC6 unchecked. The internal mic is working, i installed a sound recorder to try.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Igo is preinstalled, i installed waze, a guess no problem to download Tomtom Go, i didn't try though:)
Thanks, I was keen to know how it worked on these units when you are using the GPS and a call comes in or you want to make a call. On a regular phone it goes out of the GPS app so is kind of annoying.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a question for some of you guys who've confirmed to have installed the unit @Hisma, @MadStyle, @Donkey Grundle, @kewltea, @guy989, @Tophermazda2014gt, @pub.

I just received my unit today and the canbus decoder says it's for the Mazda CX-5. Did yours say Mazda 6 or did some of you get one that says CX-5? Maybe they are interchangeable and I've emailed the seller to check but I want to confirm with you guys. I want to make sure I have full canbus compatibility not just partial compatibility.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a question for some of you guys who've confirmed to have installed the unit @Hisma, @MadStyle, @Donkey Grundle, @kewltea, @guy989, @Tophermazda2014gt, @pub.

I just received my unit today and the canbus decoder says it's for the Mazda CX-5. Did yours say Mazda 6 or did some of you get one that says CX-5? Maybe they are interchangeable and I've emailed the seller to check but I want to confirm with you guys. I want to make sure I have full canbus compatibility not just partial compatibility.
Mine says CX-5 too, it works except the knob and the buttons around it, and the external mic, but it must be something with the wires, i'll take back the hi-fi guy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine says CX-5 too, it works except the knob and the buttons around it, and the external mic, but it must be something with the wires, i'll take back the hi-fi guy.
for the mic, did you connect the external mic supplied with the unit? I believe it must be properly connected to make calls. I could be wrong, but I ran my external mic up the a pillar and stuck it in the same location as the stock mic. Stock mic is just a molex connector held in with glue, it is easy to remove.

As for the knob, I explained how I got it to work on my car in an old post. I recommend you get your hi-fi guy to do it. Having those buttons is a nice convenience.
http://forum.mazda6club.com/electrical/373737-here-example-top-notch-m6-android-hu-3.html#post4560041

·
Registered
17 Posts
The hifi guy connected it, to the unit's aux port (says mic). I wasn't there because of work, but i'll take back. Thank you for the post about the buttons, i missed that thread:)

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
The built-in mic worked for me. I was able to make a call into the house and test with/without the external mic and found it carried voice a little better with the external mic.

The buttons around the command knob also worked for me out of the box:
Audio > Audio Settings
Nav > set to your default nav app (Waze, Google Maps, etc)
Phone > Phone call
Setup > Settings screen
Back buttons both work
Push knob to pause/play music

·
Registered
17 Posts
The built-in mic worked for me. I was able to make a call into the house and test with/without the external mic and found it carried voice a little better with the external mic.

The buttons around the command knob also worked for me out of the box:
Audio > Audio Settings
Nav > set to your default nav app (Waze, Google Maps, etc)
Phone > Phone call
Setup > Settings screen
Back buttons both work
Push knob to pause/play music
Thats strange..

I downloaded a sound recording app, and it records my voice fine, but if i call somebody they don't hear my voice.
Maybe i need to unplug the external mic to use the internal for calls?
The buttons don't work (except the ones on the wheeldrive), tried to assign them but nothing.

I have this unit from smart rover:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9-HD...603062675.html

·
Registered
189 Posts
The hifi guy connected it, to the unit's aux port (says mic). I wasn't there because of work, but i'll take back. Thank you for the post about the buttons, i missed that thread:)
check and make sure it is still connected. It is possible that it disconnected accidentally when he tucked the wires away. It should be working if it's all connected up.

as for the buttons, most guys here didn't have any issues w/ getting the buttons working, but I did. I have the 8" screen that looks almost identical to stock. In any case, it is not difficult to hardwire the buttons to work if it isn't working via canbus. You just have to tap a couple wires off the main harness... one to key 1, one to ground. Then you can use the configuration tool to set the buttons to whatever you want, which is nice. Just show your hi-fi guy my guide I posted and he shouldn't have an issue.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thats strange..

I downloaded a sound recording app, and it records my voice fine, but if i call somebody they don't hear my voice.
Maybe i need to unplug the external mic to use the internal for calls?
The buttons don't work (except the ones on the wheeldrive), tried to assign them but nothing.

I have this unit from smart rover:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9-HD...603062675.html
different functions. when you are recording your voice in an app, you are interfacing with the android unit itself. When you are talking on the phone, you are interfacing with the bt system, which is actually independent of the android system. BT communicates via the MCU, which also manages your audio connections, power, etc. The MCU communicates with the android system via serial. It's pretty janky, but as of now there is no pure android unit that has bt natively integrated. (that is why certain apps won't install via the playstore if they require bt... the os thinks you don't have bt bc it can't see it).

Anyway, the point of my post is that if your bt is not correctly configured, it won't work. So if your mic is correctly connected, also check your bt settings. I think someone here already posted what their settings are. make sure yours match.

·
Registered
17 Posts
different functions. when you are recording your voice in an app, you are interfacing with the android unit itself. When you are talking on the phone, you are interfacing with the bt system, which is actually independent of the android system. BT communicates via the MCU, which also manages your audio connections, power, etc. The MCU communicates with the android system via serial. It's pretty janky, but as of now there is no pure android unit that has bt natively integrated. (that is why certain apps won't install via the playstore if they require bt... the os thinks you don't have bt bc it can't see it).

Anyway, the point of my post is that if your bt is not correctly configured, it won't work. So if your mic is correctly connected, also check your bt settings. I think someone here already posted what their settings are. make sure yours match.
Oh that's new to me, i was soure there is an internal bluetooth module in the unit, because the bluetooth module wants to pair with my phone (i deleted that connection from the phone). The old connection called "mazda", since we installed the new hu i can connect to "Smart-Rover". I'm not able to ignore these requests on my phone (it's not rootable so i cannot change the mac address of the bluetooth adapter, renaming didn't help), and i cannot reset the bluetooth module, so maybe the solution is to put back the old hu and delete the connection with my phone:)

I checked the bluetooth settings multiple times earlier, these are the same settings what i saw here in this thread. We'll check the wires and the microphone too.

Someone said the external mic has better sound quality then the internal for calls, so can i use the internal? I didn't find the option for this, maybe when i plug in the external mic the internal is going to disabled?

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was having low signals with WI-FI and GPS so I decided to move them from the glove box and back of the unit respectively. Used to get 1 bar WI-FI to 3 bars and 8 satellites to 13.

Just pop of the center speaker cover, remove the stock GPS and avoid placing on any holes that the grill uses to clip in.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey @guy989, @Hisma, @mendozahtc you guys mentioned you installed IQ Navi v0.1.25. I have two questions for you guys and anyone else who may have installed it.

1) Have any of you updated to IQ Navi v0.1.29? https://youtu.be/z-H6xJKEs50?t=9m10s

2) When the rear cam is on, the image appears fine. It's a little easier to see the blur since the image is stretched onto a bigger screen; however, the reverse parking guidelines are disproportionally pixelated. It's a little strange because those yellow/red lines are software rendered. They're not coming from the camera. On the stock SmartRover firmware it's as if the HU is rendering them at an unusually low resolution. My question to you guys with the IQ Navi firmware is do those guidelines look sharper/anti-aliased/higher-res than on the stock SmartRover firmware? The video above running IQ Navi v0.1.29 shows the lines render sharp and they can even be customized (around the 9min10sec mark).

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey @guy989, @Hisma, @mendozahtc you guys mentioned you installed IQ Navi v0.1.25. I have two questions for you guys and anyone else who may have installed it.

1) Have any of you updated to IQ Navi v0.1.29? https://youtu.be/z-H6xJKEs50?t=9m10s

2) When the rear cam is on, the image appears fine. It's a little easier to see the blur since the image is stretched onto a bigger screen; however, the reverse parking guidelines are disproportionally pixelated. It's a little strange because those yellow/red lines are software rendered. They're not coming from the camera. On the stock SmartRover firmware it's as if the HU is rendering them at an unusually low resolution. My question to you guys with the IQ Navi firmware is do those guidelines look sharper/anti-aliased/higher-res than on the stock SmartRover firmware? The video above running IQ Navi v0.1.29 shows the lines render sharp and they can even be customized (around the 9min10sec mark).
interesting, looks like I need to update. The pixelation is not because it is rendered at a lower resolution, it's that the original screen is much smaller, so the pixels are not as stretched as they are on our larger screens. The pixel density is higher on the smaller screen.

I'll try out 1.29, once I can find a place to download it.

·
Registered
137 Posts

1. Right now only IQ Navi v0.1.25 is free to download and IQ Navi v0.1.29 cost $25 to the developer.

2. Assuming that you have installed the latest available IQ Navi firmware, you can get those lines by enabling it in the "Extra settings under "Reverse Line Ruler". Note that it will overlay over the stock reverse lines. It also has a "Reverse Trajectory" option with another set of lines but doesn't work on my Sport. Might work on a Grand Touring due to the AFS.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #220 (Edited)
Can someone send me the original OS build that came with the radio? apparently updating to IQ Navi also makes it your primary OS, so when doing a Factory Reset from settings, IQ Navi reinstalled as fresh.

201 - 220 of 399 Posts