Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, Finally installed the radio came in two days ago.. Overall satisfied with it.. Easy to install just follow connection labels.

The Radio
9" HD 1024X600 Android 4.4 Car Stereo For Mazda 6 Atenza 2013 2014 2015 Auto Radio RDS GPS Navigation Quad Core CPU 1.6GHz

The Link
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Big-Discount-and-Gifts-for-Christmas-Android-4-4-Car-Stereo-For-Mazda-6-Atenza-2013/32548895138.html

SWC - Steering Wheel Functions Works

Canbus Works
Commander Joystick works in a limited fashion. Knob is only use as a left and right button on some apps everything else works, Audio, Phone, Nav buttons, etc.

Rear Camera Works no issues.

Basic Radio functions all Work.

Short Video rundown

https://youtu.be/Z6c-HqQOfDM

·
Registered
189 Posts
damn so it pretty much works as advertised. Actually a little jealous as you got a larger screen + got everything to work including the backup cam & knob w/o any extra mods like I had to do.

did it come pre-loaded w/ maps? You able to pair your phone & tether your data okay? plan to upgrade your speakers?
edit: nm saw your vid. Looks like it came w/ igo maps. good stuff. i'd recommend mounting the GPS up your a pillar & near your rearview mirror. I get by far the best signal when placing it in plain view.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
damn so it pretty much works as advertised. Actually a little jealous as you got a larger screen + got everything to work including the backup cam & knob w/o any extra mods like I had to do.

did it come pre-loaded w/ maps? You able to pair your phone & tether your data okay? plan to upgrade your speakers?
edit: nm saw your vid. Looks like it came w/ igo maps. good stuff. i'd recommend mounting the GPS up your a pillar & near your rearview mirror. I get by far the best signal when placing it in plain view.
Radio came with IGO maps installed, ready to navigate. Phone pairing was fine even have the option to mirror phone onto head unit as well, So i could use google maps and see it on my head unit via my phone. Car settings seems to work(will double check again tomorrow when I check my settings again), options for turn signals, wipers, headlight etc. Keeping stock speakers for now.

But I do have 1 gripe, in daylight screen is a little dark not bright enough, I think it's due to the screen being flushed up to dash edge instead of recessed inside of dash allowing for better video screen contrast.Right now on a sunny day the sunlight floods the screen which makes it little hard to make out the screen.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's pretty bomb ass, lmao. When you said the GPS antenna is behind the radio, did you mount it next to the factory one?

·
Registered
189 Posts
damn you got it all man! Car settings and everything. seems like the android HU to beat.
Though I don't have much complaints about the brightness, I think mine sits further back than yours b/c of the physical buttons around it.

Could you upload your car settings apk by chance? I know I keep asking for it, but your unit is the closest to mine so your version might actually work for me.

btw i'd think twice before upgrading speakers. Don't go down the path of upgrading unless you're fully dedicated. I've wasted too many hours tinkering w/ my sound... it is not easy to get good quality sound out of this unit. You won't notice it w/ stock speakers but you will if you try to use the pre-outs. def a downside for these. I think a dedicated DSP is needed, or at least a line driver for the pre-outs.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Phone pairing was fine even have the option to mirror phone onto head unit as well, So i could use google maps and see it on my head unit via my phone.
This may be my ignorance, but could you load the Google Maps (or Waze?) app directly onto the head unit? That is, are you restricted to the apps that it comes with or do you have access to the Android library of apps from the Playstore or whatever?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also installed my 9in smart rover but didn't have as much luck. It powers up but I have no audio. There is one connection (green connector attached pic) that I'm not sure where it connects to. I don't have more free connectors on my HU. I do have the Bose package and couldn't figure out how to make use of the connector they gave. Do I need that to get the audio to work?

My backup cam also doesn't work. It doesn't switch over to the video output when I go into reverse. I know Hisma had to do some special wiring. You didn't have to do anything?

Any help is greatly appreciate.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn you got it all man! Car settings and everything. seems like the android HU to beat.
Though I don't have much complaints about the brightness, I think mine sits further back than yours b/c of the physical buttons around it.

Could you upload your car settings apk by chance? I know I keep asking for it, but your unit is the closest to mine so your version might actually work for me.

btw i'd think twice before upgrading speakers. Don't go down the path of upgrading unless you're fully dedicated. I've wasted too many hours tinkering w/ my sound... it is not easy to get good quality sound out of this unit. You won't notice it w/ stock speakers but you will if you try to use the pre-outs. def a downside for these. I think a dedicated DSP is needed, or at least a line driver for the pre-outs.
I'll look in the usb stick, which has the backup files from the vendor and send it to you..

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This may be my ignorance, but could you load the Google Maps (or Waze?) app directly onto the head unit? That is, are you restricted to the apps that it comes with or do you have access to the Android library of apps from the Playstore or whatever?

Ok, I just tried it, worked flawlessly, playstore is on the menu in Head unit, so you can download it and also setup waze as your default Navi if you want. Have not tried Google Maps, my guess it will work as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also installed my 9in smart rover but didn't have as much luck. It powers up but I have no audio. There is one connection (green connector attached pic) that I'm not sure where it connects to. I don't have more free connectors on my HU. I do have the Bose package and couldn't figure out how to make use of the connector they gave. Do I need that to get the audio to work?

My backup cam also doesn't work. It doesn't switch over to the video output when I go into reverse. I know Hisma had to do some special wiring. You didn't have to do anything?

Any help is greatly appreciate.
The grey/green connector is no longer used in the new Head Unit. I was stumped for awhile since instructions on these things are non-existent. You have to make sure all the wires you have is connected to back of radio.. Literally you have to read the labels. Harness wire connects to a lot of the connectors in head unit.

Harness has 5 main connectors that connects to the car, that's it. All the other wires on harness connects the connectors on the radio.

1. Yellow Camera connects to yellow CAM on the radio. there is red wire that connects to harness that also red-labeled FL cam or something like that do not remember anymore that powers up the camera when needed.

2. All Aux connectors connect to each other. like AUX RIN on harness connects to the other AUX RIN on radio and so forth.

Just make sure EVERY connectors are connected between harness and radio. The only thing not connected will be the Grey/Green connector from car.

It's literally just reading the labels and matching them up and connect them.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's pretty bomb ass, lmao. When you said the GPS antenna is behind the radio, did you mount it next to the factory one?
Yeah, bomb ass lol, DUH!

The GPS antenna that came radio has a magnet on it, I literally mounted it to the back of the radio, so far It's been picking up my whereabouts just fine.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, bomb ass lol, DUH!

The GPS antenna that came radio has a magnet on it, I literally mounted it to the back of the radio, so far It's been picking up my whereabouts just fine.
If you have issues with it you can mount it right in front of the factory GPS antenna because it's on a piece of metal. That's where I put mine :)

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think I need to connect the Bose amplifier harness not not sure where the connector goes. Do th black and grey connector need to be attached to something?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is the harness that I'm not sure where it goes
Black connector goes into back radio each are different shapes so it can only fit in one spot which is on the bottom second from the left on back of radio. I do not have BOSE on my car, my guess is you have not connect all the necessary wirings and your photo just proved it.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
How are you folks getting data into these head units? Tethering from your phones, or do these radios have rSAP (and thus can access the SIM in the phone without using tethering)?

·
Registered
189 Posts
How are you folks getting data into these head units? Tethering from your phones, or do these radios have rSAP (and thus can access the SIM in the phone without using tethering)?
it supports USB 3G/4G modems that can be loaded w/ a sim card for data, or you can just tether a wifi hotspot from your phone. My phone is rooted & I have unlimited data, so I just tether from my phone. Wifi hotspot is automated w/ tasker to turn on when bt pairs w/ my unit.

btw someone asked if you have to mirror your phone for google maps. no, you can load native android apps, including google maps & waze. this is the main benefit of this unit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hisma, how well is it working using Tasker to launch your Wifi tether? Like start the car, how long until everything launches and the head unit has Wifi? I'm just curious because I was thinking of doing this same when mine arrives. Hopefully this week!

1 - 20 of 399 Posts
About this Discussion
398 Replies
72 Participants
Interlukens 1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing