Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for this a couple of methods and didn't find shit, so don't jump in my ass if there's previous posts....but.....What's the smallest rim that will work with these brakes? .
It's about that time to get snow tires and I'm thinkin' some all black steelies. I'd love to buy a set of rx-8 rims for the summer, but the difference in tire price between 16, 17, and 18 is pretty substantial when dealing with studded tires. And studs are needed when you're driving in the shit I drive in.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
17s are the smallest that will fit. I checked it out thoroughly as I plan to autocross my car and need smallest diameter and WIDEest wheels/tires....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I remember a thread way back about this and I think people found a 16" steel wheel that fit. I cant remember anything more than that.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The only way a 16" wheel will "fit" is if the offset puts the entire wheel section outside the brake caliper. If you measure from the center of the hub to the farthest point on the brake caliper, you'll see it measures slightly more than 8", which doubled is more than 16"..... Wheels must have a "drop" section to allow the tire bead to slip into for instllation/removal, so.....

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
i have a pair of 17in tracklights that i use at the strip on mine, the clear by less that a 1/4 of an inch so there is no way you could get 16's on this car without useing regular 6 brakes

Reactions: FORZDA 1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts