Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Small Rotary Hatchback'

To each his (or her) own. I personally think the NSX styling was almost breakthrough - and would have been if not for it's similarities to the MK2 MR2.

Even if we dismiss the NSX, we still have the others metioned. The FD RX7 was a latecomer into the 90's sportscar arena.

G

·
Mazda 3?

Well, I myself own an MX-3 and love it and I am also a huge fan of the RX-7, The car that started my love for Mazda. Well when I drove by my Mazda dealer and stopped by and fell in love with the 6 and found out there will be a coupe version of the 6 fall of this year (aka the 626 4 door being the 6 and the MX-6 being the 6 coupe) I Turned and looked back at my baby MX-3 and began to ponder for a moment. At that point I turned to one of the salesmen if there would be a Mazda 3. The salesmen had no clue what I was talking about of course, cause usually the salesmen don't know crap about their cars, I mean I knew more about the 6 than he did. So I desided to look into it and I found that Mazda is secretly going to change the Protoge into the Mazda 3 with a new body style and what not and there will be a coupe version of the 3 so pretty much being, the 323 and the MX-3, but for all I know they could just be Rumors but maybe its true, it's suppose to be announced at the 2004 Tokoyo Auto Show and should be released in 2005. Now as for a small Rotary coupe, the RX-8 Will take care of that because it starts at 23,000 US. Dollars which isn't all that expensive, I mean the 350Z starts at 30,000 So we would I mean, Mazda would be blowing the competition away.

MX-3 Maniak
Mazdaspeed
Speed Kills, Drive a Honda and Live forever.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by MX3Maniak
. Now as for a small Rotary coupe, the RX-8 Will take care of that because it starts at 23,000 US. Dollars[/b]
Actually, official pricing released today is closer to 26-28, depending on stick or auto package (the auto is the cheaper of the two).

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by MX3Maniak
Well when I drove by my Mazda dealer and stopped by and fell in love with the 6 and found out there will be a coupe version of the 6 fall of this year (aka the 626 4 door being the 6 and the MX-6 being the 6 coupe)[/b]
I think he means the Hatchback. Mazda has no (not even rumored) plans for a coupe version. I doubt that they ever will unless the market for coupes shows a dramatic change.

Most auto salespeople are a very poor source of information on cars. Especially those that they sell.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Small Rotary Hatchback'

You guys need to remember where the Rotary came from. The rotary was not something Mazda initially used on only sports cars - they used it as a way to provide power on the cheap. That's right, it was the CHEAP way out. This changed during the oil shock in the 70's because it was also a gas guzzler.

Prior to that however, Mazda was able to make cheap cars that had power, rather than big Detroit iron.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Small Rotary Hatchback'

LOL I guess I didn't notice the date on the post before mine.
When we fixed up the DB last week about 400 threads from varying times came back to life cause of things we had to do.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.