Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm combining two threads about a small Austin meet scheduled for Saturday, November 18 at Rudy's BBQ on Duval and 183. Some people are pulling out and others are wondering if it's still on. So, if you're interested in getting together on Saturday, please post that here. Even if it's a small number of people, the weather should be nice and we can eat some good BBQ. I'm planning on being there and as far as I know, so is Austinhusker.

Will be there:
6Venom (me)
Austinhusker

I'll update the thread as soon as I get updates.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'm still planning to make it. Don't think I can do drive to Marble Falls but in for meeting up for some BBQ and possibly a shorter drive.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So here's the deal.

Austinhusker and I are showing up at Rudy's BBQ at 11am. If anyone else wants to meet, we'll be there. We can check out rides and talk for a bit. Then, we're going inside Rudy's for some great BBQ.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Carlos, Mark and I ate at Freebirds yesterday...it is better than Chipotle.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Hey Carlos, Mark and I ate at Freebirds yesterday...it is better than Chipotle.
[/b]
that is like saying "the sun is bright" it's a given fact of life.

·
Registered
758 Posts
A little off-topic, but I'm excited you all have meets in Austin. My wife and I are looking at possibly moving down to the Austin area (Cedar Park) here in a few months, and I wouldn't want to be without fellow club members if we do. :p

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A little off-topic, but I'm excited you all have meets in Austin. My wife and I are looking at possibly moving down to the Austin area (Cedar Park) here in a few months, and I wouldn't want to be without fellow club members if we do. :p
[/b]
Cool, another 6 in town! Look forward to meeting you. Hopefully the Austin meets will become a regular thing. :drive:

that is like saying "the sun is bright" it's a given fact of life.
[/b]
Even better, Freebirds is cheaper too! :D

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanted to remind those interested, tomorrow, 11am, Rudy's BBQ on 183 and Duval.

:drive:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm not going to get started on the whole Chipotle is better than Freebirds deal, but I seriously don't understand how anyone could say Freebirds is better. More choices I will give to Freebirds, but better quality overall I'm going to give that to Chipotle hands down. Also, there is no way Freebirds is cheaper (and that's a fact jack.) :)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not going to get started on the whole Chipotle is better than Freebirds deal, but I seriously don't understand how anyone could say Freebirds is better. More choices I will give to Freebirds, but better quality overall I'm going to give that to Chipotle hands down. Also, there is no way Freebirds is cheaper (and that's a fact jack.) :)
[/b]
I don't know...I was with someone who ordered a regular with rice, beans, meat...and walked out paying $8.50...without a drink. Dang, that was harsh. :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I don't know...I was with someone who ordered a regular with rice, beans, meat...and walked out paying $8.50...without a drink. Dang, that was harsh. :)
[/b]
Wow :huh: Did they get like a beer or something? I usually I get a steak/chicken burrito with everything on it except guac and a drink and it's under $7. Don't know if the prices are different down there but I believe the steak burrito in Dallas is like $5.50 or $5.75 I forget.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
reasons why freebirds is better than chipotle:
1) chipotle has had what 3 or 4 mass issues with food poisoning since like 03' here in town? I know i've gotten it the 2 times i've had it.
2) freebirds has the greatest BBQ sauce EVAR, well that isn't at a BBQ place.
3) if you go to the same location semi often enough and peeps start to know you they will hook you up with extra meat :D.
4) freebirds is cheaper depending on the person, besides being sick as hell for 36 hours after chipotle i was also starving 2 hours later.
5) chipotle is a cheesy chain restaurant who cares a crap less about customer service IMO, the people at all the freebirds i've been to are a bread of their own :D.

sorry to clutter the thread with why freebirds is great but it had to be done :D.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
reasons why freebirds is better than chipotle:
1) chipotle has had what 3 or 4 mass issues with food poisoning since like 03' here in town? I know i've gotten it the 2 times i've had it.
2) freebirds has the greatest BBQ sauce EVAR, well that isn't at a BBQ place.
3) if you go to the same location semi often enough and peeps start to know you they will hook you up with extra meat :D.
4) freebirds is cheaper depending on the person, besides being sick as hell for 36 hours after chipotle i was also starving 2 hours later.
5) chipotle is a cheesy chain restaurant who cares a crap less about customer service IMO, the people at all the freebirds i've been to are a bread of their own :D.

sorry to clutter the thread with why freebirds is great but it had to be done :D.
[/b]
:zzz: :zzz:

Sorry you're gonna have to get some better reasons than that.

Also, you put BBQ sauce on your burrito? Comeon man :nono:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
a real man will put BBQ on anything ;).

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
a real man will put BBQ on anything ;).
[/b]
Correction: A real man will put Hot Sauce on anything. :D

Haha it's all good, guess everyone likes their own thing.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
true i just choose to not make myself vomit and sit on a toilet for 48 hours lol. i mean i know i'll have some massive movements after freebirds(bbq+sour cream+diablo sauce) but i know to expect it and it goes away that night lol. chipotle= eat wed. and plan to not work the rest of the week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts