Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored and decided to take some night shots with my camera. car is a little dirty but just wanted to post some pics for everyone!:-D

·
Registered
651 Posts
Pics look sweet...did you use a filter to get the amber look?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
nice pics i love how the lip on your rims stands out.

·
Registered
380 Posts
nice pics i love how the lip on your rims stands out.
[/b]
X2 :drool:

Awesome pics, can't even tell your car was dirty.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
am I th eonly one that notices how under exposed they are? my comment is just reflecting the picture itself. The car looks great...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pics look sweet...did you use a filter to get the amber look?
[/b]
Actually thats the color of high pressure sodium or other low energy use lights. Ever see a parking lot at night and wonder why some look orange-ish?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
am I th eonly one that notices how under exposed they are? my comment is just reflecting the picture itself. The car looks great...
[/b]
under exposed? what are you talking about these shots had to be over exposed for the shot to even come out. if the shot was exposed any longer the light would have washed out the picture...and that was the effect i was trynig to create.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
under exposed? what are you talking about these shots had to be over exposed for the shot to even come out. if the shot was exposed any longer the light would have washed out the picture...and that was the effect i was trynig to create.
[/b]
Um, trust me. I would know if they was underexposed. My second job is as a photohrapher for 2 local companies and a local TV show.

But I am not saying anything bad about the car. it looks sweet. I was just trying to give my proffesional advice and a tip. The best way to take a night shot where there is no light left in the sky is to use a mid F/ stop with a longer shutter speed.

This would be a correct exposure under the exact same type of lighting

This WOULD have been a great exposure except for the light off the car got overexposed.

I was doing nothing more then trying to give some help is all. I wasn't trying to show any one up. I just figured some advise would help you take an even better picture to show us just how nice yer car looks without it being washed out in black which is hiding most of the car.. I apologize if you feel I offended your photography skills. I was just trying to help.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Um, trust me. I would know if they was underexposed. My second job is as a photohrapher for 2 local companies and a local TV show.

But I am not saying anything bad about the car. it looks sweet. I was just trying to give my proffesional advice and a tip. The best way to take a night shot where there is no light left in the sky is to use a mid F/ stop with a longer shutter speed.

This would be a correct exposure under the exact same type of lighting

This WOULD have been a great exposure except for the light off the car got overexposed.

I was doing nothing more then trying to give some help is all. I wasn't trying to show any one up. I just figured some advise would help you take an even better picture to show us just how nice yer car looks without it being washed out in black which is hiding most of the car.. I apologize if you feel I offended your photography skills. I was just trying to help.
[/b]
thanks again for the advice....i will be sure to use them!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts