Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whenever i roll up more then 1 window (god forbid all 4, slow as mollases) they slow down in speed quite a bit. I though this was normal (previous cars manual windows, so no idea) but driving some other cars I noticed most cars can bring up all 4 without a problem and much faster, and messing with an 06 6 at the dealership it too had no problem.

Mines an 04, just wondering if its "normal"? Would adding some ground wire paths help any maybe?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
yeah i got the same problem...i said EFF it....just do two at a time and maybe the sun roof...but whatever its just a couple of seconds.

makes you really wish we had a 1 touch up and down for the windows...and the sunroof..that would be nice...as well as folding mirrors! ;o) but thats just getting greedy

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
yes it's damn annoying... cant we just change the motor or something? or is it because our windows are too heavy for the tiny motor??? how retro-ing some benz motor in there... LOL

·
Registered
679 Posts
Get some spray silicone and lube the window tracks when the window is down. Then cycle it 3 or 4 times. That is what dealers do.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, i doubt its the motor, afterall 1 can push 1 just fine, it seems that when you do more then 1 there isnt enough juice?

·
Registered
810 Posts
yeah i have that same problem too. i just think it's an electrical thing where you just cant run all 4 motors at the same time without getting a drop in power.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone notice that at night, when you touch the window up/down, the headlights dim, too?

It's just cuz too much power is drawn, nothing serious.
[/b]

exactly so im wondering if doing a ground kit would let it flow with less resistance? Isn't that the point of the mod anyway?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Get some spray silicone and lube the window tracks when the window is down. Then cycle it 3 or 4 times. That is what dealers do.
[/b]
It is a fix, but it also attracts dirt. Make sure to wipe off any excess that is not in the glass run/seal. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Anyone notice that at night, when you touch the window up/down, the headlights dim, too?

[/b]
Mine are slow too if more then one is going at the same time. But my lights don't dim at all.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

[/b]
Nope, but then again not everyone has a Hella Gen 3 ballast that runs power to their D2S phillips HID bulbs all the time... :nana:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts