Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning the "slippery when wet" (dunno what else to call it) warning light came on, and stayed on. What does this mean? I forgot my manual in the car. Oh, no rain or snow here.

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
This morning the "slippery when wet" (dunno what else to call it) warning light came on, and stayed on. What does this mean? I forgot my manual in the car. Oh, no rain or snow here.

Thanks
[/b]
Possibly ABS wheel speed sensor problem if it is on and stays on when there is no poor traction. Try hitting DSC button on and off and power car on and off. If it's still on, it's probably something with the ABS/Stability Control system.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Thanks
[/b]
It means the traction control is being engaged, it'll come on and off every time it does. Unless it stays on after you've stopped applying throttle or stays on all the time, it shouldn't mean anything is wrong...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mine would not turn off which meant an error..

It was ID'd as the steering angle sensor, so try 1 they re-programmed/reinitialized the sensor. 5 min later it was back on. Then they ordered a new one which Mazda could not locate/source. So 5 days later I finally got the car back with a new fresh sensor and no problems since then.

·
Registered
875 Posts

Thanks
[/b]

Geez Dave, nothing but problems for you it seems.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe... yea, starting to sound like a whiner! Really... the problems are minor, except that vibration that is still there. I have a feeling that the vibration is coming from the tires or wheels or hubs. I'm hoping that when I leave work and start the car up, the light will be off! lol

did you see the pics of the wheels I have on now?

Geez Dave, nothing but problems for you it seems.
[/b]

·
Registered
875 Posts
hehe... yea, starting to sound like a whiner! Really... the problems are minor, except that vibration that is still there. I have a feeling that the vibration is coming from the tires or wheels or hubs. I'm hoping that when I leave work and start the car up, the light will be off! lol

did you see the pics of the wheels I have on now?
[/b]
I feel bad recommending the car to you....I hope things get worked out right!

Yeah, I like the wheels, they look good!

Are you gonna put winter tires on the stock rims now then?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries mate! Its mazda we're talking about. I had the same amount of issues with the MSP. I just figured for a $30k car, things would be different. Still like the car though. I think I'm going to take the wheels off. The offset seems too much, I think it's 45mm offset. Gives the impression that they are too big for the car.

I feel bad recommending the car to you....I hope things get worked out right!

Yeah, I like the wheels, they look good!

Are you gonna put winter tires on the stock rims now then?
[/b]

·
Registered
875 Posts
No worries mate! Its mazda we're talking about. I had the same amount of issues with the MSP. I just figured for a $30k car, things would be different. Still like the car though. I think I'm going to take the wheels off. The offset seems too much, I think it's 45mm offset. Gives the impression that they are too big for the car.
[/b]
Interesting....

My wheels are +42 offset and sit just fine. They are 18x7.5.

I'll be putting the stock wheels and blizzaks on soon, but really want to wait as long as I can :). I was thinking of getting the stock wheels powder coated black too...but I'd have to take the tires off then. So...I might just wait until next year for that.

We are actually supposed to get a little snow today or tomorrow, but it won't stick they say. Then, back to the 50's for a few more days :).

MN weather is weird :p

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
It comes on in the dry sometimes if I turn a corner quickly and the wheels are squabbling for traction. It never stays on though, it flashes. If it's on, that could signify a problem. The MS6 may be different in this respect, since I have a 6i that has traction control but you have the DSC in the MS6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.