Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Looking good Dan. Not sure if you have bolted it all up yet... and depending on how many miles you have on your PCV valve... but consider changing it out now while all is accessible???

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Looking good Dan. Not sure if you have bolted it all up yet... and depending on how many miles you have on your PCV valve... but consider changing it out now while all is accessible???
I've only got 40k miles, so I decided not to, but I am adding a good catch can

Reactions: Cdn17Sport6MT

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Well we didn't finish all of it, but
Supercharger is installed, with belt, intercooler, water pump, water lines, oil cooler, oil lines, and oil catch can is mounted

We'll get to hear it roar to life today 😎

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Install is complete and I'm exhausted
OMG it sounds/feels great!
Running smooth, started first time!!!

Still working through some issues getting the tune so it's not at full power yet.

Will post pics and stuff tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 6
416 Posts
Any fitment issues or supplied hardware problems? Wondering how good the QC is although being that it's a smaller venture I'm sure they've only got a few people packing and shipping them so they must have taken their time (hopefully).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Install is complete and I'm exhausted
OMG it sounds/feels great!
Running smooth, started first time!!!

Still working through some issues getting the tune so it's not at full power yet.

Will post pics and stuff tomorrow
Sorry if you mentioned this - - - Just curious how much power do they expect the engine to make with the SC installed and tuned?

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Sorry if you mentioned this - - - Just curious how much power do they expect the engine to make with the SC installed and tuned?
Still working through some issues getting the re-tune so it's not at full power yet. Now it's probably only 220-230whp on stock tune, but 260+whp with full tune...

Reactions: fernando8877

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Any fitment issues or supplied hardware problems? Wondering how good the QC is although being that it's a smaller venture I'm sure they've only got a few people packing and shipping them so they must have taken their time (hopefully).
Honestly no, I mean it was tight and difficult to get to bolts but it really was bolt in!

The oil cooler and oil catch can took more work since they were not made for this car...

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

·
Registered
271 Posts
Still working through some issues getting the re-tune so it's not at full power yet. Now it's probably only 220-230whp on stock tune, but 260+whp with full tune...
You can run this on the stock ecm tune.
Just bolt and go?

Thats impressive.

Where are you going for a full tune?

Any ideas on engine horse power, not wheel hp?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
You can run this on the stock ecm tune.
Just bolt and go?

Thats impressive.

Where are you going for a full tune?

Any ideas on engine horse power, not wheel hp?

Thanks again.
effectively the supercharger increases air volume by 30% (18 psi = 1 atmosphere, 6 psi is 1/3 of that), and the GTR spark plugs have a gap that is about 30% smaller, and running premium fuel. All those things combined means that the stock ecm tune works safely.

Power:
stock tune: 250HP crank, 225WHP
proper tune: 290HP crank, 260WHP
(it may be slightly higher, as I have a less restrictive intake and exhaust than stock...🤞🙏

·
Registered
271 Posts
effectively the supercharger increases air volume by 30% (18 psi = 1 atmosphere, 6 psi is 1/3 of that), and the GTR spark plugs have a gap that is about 30% smaller, and running premium fuel. All those things combined means that the stock ecm tune works safely.

Power:
stock tune: 250HP crank, 225WHP
proper tune: 290HP crank, 260WHP
(it may be slightly higher, as I have a less restrictive intake and exhaust than stock...🤞🙏
Wow - impressive.
Let us all know if this become more available in Canada.

I might be interested in getting the SC set ---- looks really promising.
Nice job.

Are you going to try and get some 0-60 times?

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Wow - impressive.
Let us all know if this become more available in Canada.

I might be interested in getting the SC set ---- looks really promising.
Nice job.

Are you going to try and get some 0-60 times?
Once the tune is fully dialed in I will, not sure how long that will take

·
Registered
55 Posts
Amazing job with the videos and the sound clip. Just gotta love that supercharger whine. Are you getting the full tune from VT or a local shop?

Reactions: WoodinvilleDan
61 - 80 of 148 Posts