Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is getting exciting! Just a few more days and I'm guessing your going to make box opening video to tease the rest of us, right?

Reactions: WoodinvilleDan

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
This is getting exciting! Just a few more days and I'm guessing your going to make box opening video to tease the rest of us, right?
Holy crap just got a text from Fedex, it's been delivered!!!! (my son confirmed it's sitting on the deck)

Yes, I'll share a quick vid to tease you all today or tomorrow :)
(but not sure yet, when I'll get it all installed)

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)

@Archerfish here comes a future YouTube star :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Makes me a bit anxious though, never shown my face or spoken to the camera in a YouTube video before...

@fernando8877 Thanks for chiming in on my other thread about this kit, I'd heard of it before but your comment helped push me to take another look at this Chinese superchager (that I always thought was BS before)

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Which one did you get cause all i see is this one.
The one you linked to is the official one that is physically the same size as the stock battery, I went smaller. It is still plenty of cranking amps, BUT it is less amp hours, so no sitting for long periods bumping the stereo with the car off (I also got the bluetooth battery tracker so I can keep an eye on where it's really at)
I'm going to modify the hold down bracket with some kind of extension since the new battery is far smaller
this is the one I got, though I bought from Amazon (sold from Amazon) since it is faster shipping

Reactions: TalonTsi90

·
Registered
271 Posts

@Archerfish here comes a future YouTube star :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Makes me a bit anxious though, never shown my face or spoken to the camera in a YouTube video before...

@fernando8877 Thanks for chiming in on my other thread about this kit, I'd heard of it before but your comment helped push me to take another look at this Chinese superchager (that I always thought was BS before)
Nice.....
Now get that thing in there.
😃

·
Registered
55 Posts
The video looked great. That kit looks amazing and looks like a good quality piece. So, it should be pretty much a bolt on install (hopefully).

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The video looked great. That kit looks amazing and looks like a good quality piece. So, it should be pretty much a bolt on install (hopefully).
Thank you, felt awkward making it but seemed OK when I watched it back 😎

Ya! I was really impressed with the build quality, seems solid! Like each of the bolts has a green mark down the side onto the pieces it's screwed into, thus if any bolt rattles loose during operation I Can easily see that it's out of alignment.
Also, the Radiator for the intercooler is huge with great looking welds, gonna move a lot of heat!

Reactions: fernando8877

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Thank you, felt awkward making it but seemed OK when I watched it back 😎

!
The video is good and natural. I mean, it doesn't look awkward. I've mentioned this before and I don't know how, but if you can make it just like this video during the installation where every angle of job is covered then it will be great.

If it helps, you can "hide" just like ChrisFix. However, those guys are professional. If only you were a couple of hours away from me, I'll help you with the camera even if I have clumsy hands!
😀

·
Registered
55 Posts
What was the total price for the kit shipped and all?

·
Rally Racer
3,367 Posts
It has been done on other vehicles, they call it twincharging. I Believe Toyota offered it in the 1980's with an MR2 and if I'm not mistaken the VW TSI uses that tech.
They used it in race cars (rally Group B) too.

·
Registered
2016 6
416 Posts
I have a crazy idea! What is the possibility of putting a S/C together with a T/C?
Twincharging is actually pretty popular when it comes to making huge power. I mean considering this game we play is all about air flow they can make huge amounts of power alone but together?! Whole nother ball game. That and the faster you can move the air and the hotter you get it the better mpgs/emissions.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Twincharging is actually pretty popular when it comes to making huge power. I mean considering this game we play is all about air flow they can make huge amounts of power alone but together?! Whole nother ball game. That and the faster you can move the air and the hotter you get it the better mpgs/emissions.

It has been done on other vehicles, they call it twincharging. I Believe Toyota offered it in the 1980's with an MR2 and if I'm not mistaken the VW TSI uses that tech.
They used it in race cars (rally Group B) too.

Thanks! I just searched and confirmed what you have said.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Hey All, Dan went to the SC because at least he has a fighting chance of getting a tune, and because he can deal with the Skyactiv-G's super high compression ratio without physically changing it. Turbo's or Turbo's combined with Superchargers would be too problematic to deal with tuning-wise, and impossible to run with this high CR.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Volvo is currently using a twincharged 4 cylinder as their top engine offering. Also Mighty Cars Mods have one in their stable of recent cars. It was a K-car they got from Japan.

41 - 60 of 148 Posts