Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and can't find the thread where it tells how to remove the headliner and put the sirius antenna under the shark fin. I added sirius after I had already installed the shark fin, so if i do this will I have to remove the antenna and re-tape it? Any input is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
i wouldnt reccommend removing the sharkfin with the intention of re-taping it. the adhesive wont be the same on the existing 3M tape, and I think it would be extremely hard to cut another piece that exact..

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I think it was Jared or perhaps cherryspeed who put up the original post on the sharkfin with sirius antenna underneath.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I put mine under the sharkfin. It works perfect, but it's best to do it right off the bat. You could probably cut tape and redo it, but it would be tricky. If you sit in the backseat, there's some pushpins in the headliner that you can remove, then pull the headliner down just a tad and you'll see a large nut and toothed washer. I broke off and removed the toothed washer, and unscrewed the nut, and removed the antenna base. Then I ran the sirius antenna wire through the hole, and replaced the antenna base, and sealed it up with some 3m foam tape. Added the sharkfin, done.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I guess it cant be done with re-taping now huh? I didn't want to do it if I had to re-tape, so I guess it stays where it is for now.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You could contact the company that makes the fin (I forget the name right now) and see if they can send you just the cut tape, I bet they would.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You could contact the company that makes the fin (I forget the name right now) and see if they can send you just the cut tape, I bet they would.
[/b]
Visual Garage is the name of the company. I bought mine direct from them and they were very helpful.

·
Registered
412 Posts
^^ that's not a bad idea. worth a shot. if they go for it, make sure all surface extremely clean and free of the adhesives / glue (especially the base of the fin itself).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just emailed them I will post if they will send the tape by itself. Thanks for the idea

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
be careful removing your fin, dont be afraid to use a little heat from a hair dryer or something, don't melt the fin though :p

Good luck it is well worth it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts