Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of an 2006 ...Mazda 6 and I have the bose system

I have the SAT button but I called MAzda help and via my VIN number do not have a reciever in my car.

Questions:

1. What is reciever that the factory uses for these installs to be compatible with the stock Bose system???

2. If they install it in the trunk, are there prexisting wires that run to the deck or do they do that upon install??

I want to do this myself as I have Sirius already but would like to be able to use the SAT button and steering controls. Maybe piont me to another thread.... I've read a bunch and havn't come accross this yet.

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
everything you need for install comes in the box. the dealer sells them, or you can get one from one of the forum sponsors.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It shouldnt matter the type of stereo, the cable plugs in to some connector on stereo then you run through the side panels leading the trunk, whatever you do, dont put the sat receiver where it shows in the manual, i did this and it looks butt ugly, im going to change it align it to middle of trunk.

i got a 06 also! i have the other type of rim though, i like the kinds on your car better.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
if you remove the trunk liner in on one of the sides you can mount the reciever box on a trunk brace and have it completely out of sight. i haven't seen one of the factory recievers, but the 16 pin cable should reach.

the amp in this picture is mounted to the brace. the reciever box is slim enough to fit under the liner, out of sight.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just installed the factory Sirius on Friday. It was a major brand name on the unit (like Panasonic or Sanyo) but I can't recall what it was.

In the pic above, the unit needs to go right behind where the amp is located. It goes between the bracket and the outer fender...but the cable needs to be run to the head unit. The kit comes with the antenna, and the wire needed to run to the head unit...nothing separate to purchase.

I see you listed as having an after market unit (as did I), but the integrated unit is much nicer. Best price I could find was from mazdagear.com...which was under $300 shipped. BTW...Sirus also gave me a 6 month free subscription when I got this, so I kept my other unit activated for the house.

Hope this helps...let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
My MS6 came with the Sirius option installed. I cancelled my current subscription and am using the 6month account. For my house I use www.sirius.com and run the sound out to my home stereo. A bit cheaper that way.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
couldn't you bundle the two on a family account? one for free for 6 months, and the other at a reduced rate?

i have xm, 2 for $19. i listen on the internet, but due to shitty high speed, i have buffering issues.

In the pic above, the unit needs to go right behind where the amp is located. It goes between the bracket and the outer fender...but the cable needs to be run to the head unit.
[/b]
exactly. that's what i was trying to articulate, only in english. on the brace, between the brace & fender. out if sight.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
couldn't you bundle the two on a family account? one for free for 6 months, and the other at a reduced rate?
[/b]
Yeah, but why? After 6 months the price goes back up I would bet if I cancelled one of the accounts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stop by my local Mazda dealer today, asking questions.
The tech said there is already a wire that runs from the trunk to the head unit and all you need to do is plug it in + mount it in the trunk.

What does the display look like on the factory setup. Do channels on Sirius display, do the somg titles scroll across if they are longer??

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
580 Posts
What does the display look like on the factory setup. Do channels on Sirius display, do the somg titles scroll across if they are longer??
[/b]
Yep!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I stop by my local Mazda dealer today, asking questions.
The tech said there is already a wire that runs from the trunk to the head unit and all you need to do is plug it in + mount it in the trunk.

Thanks for the help.
[/b]
There is/was no wire there...it came with the Sirius unit. You'll need to trust me on this one...

As stated in the ^^^ post...by pushing the display button, you can get Sirius Channel --- Sirius Station --- Artist --- Song title. It will only display 8 characters at a time, but you can manually scroll left and right with the tune button.

Mine has a slight defect in the artist section (assume it's with everyone) where it will not clear the previous artist name before displaying the new name. This Killlers followed by Korn would display Korners. Odd, I know, but nobody said Madza engineers ever had the ability to QA thier products... :irate:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went out looking for the wire that scoobysnack was talking about...That's the wire for the Bose subwoofer sitting in the middle of the spare. I didn't even know I had a subwoofer. Aren't they supposed to make sound when the radio is on?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I look and there is no din cable easily found, like the tech said. Why would he say that. I'm not done looking, I'll give him one more chance to be right.

Thanks on the responses about the scrolling, that was a big go/ no go for me.

6iSpeed, thanks for the compliment on the rims, in a year or less you can buy them for cheap, I'll be getting new ones.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I look and there is no din cable easily found, like the tech said. Why would he say that. I'm not done looking, I'll give him one more chance to be right.
[/b]
Pop out the center console and look where the antenna connects to the HU, you will see an empty connection right below it where the Sirius plugs in.

Best of luck in your quest...but I don't think they even list a part number for this if you didn't want to get a unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts