Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
The programmer is still going to happen as well. Im actually going to release the programmer before we release the exhaust. Mostly because there is no one else selling a programmer for the 6 yet, and there is pent of demand for one.

Superchips Custom Tuning told me they would be able to start work on the Mazda6 Programmer next week. So I will call them today and get an update.

Nikolas

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm kinda wondering...since you're waiting for computer tuning...and it's supposed to be performance oriented., if there will be a FULL 6i exhaust kit with a long tube header complete with removal of the stock cat. I'd definitely go for this, even in california. A replacable midpipe that inclues the cat would be ideal..which is what i'm looking to do...but I'm not sure many people on this board are as hardcore as I am...I'll probably have this end up being custom done eventually....*sigh*

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by otaking71@Nov 11 2004, 12:15 PM
I'm kinda wondering...since you're waiting for computer tuning...and it's supposed to be performance oriented., if there will be a FULL 6i exhaust kit with a long tube header complete with removal of the stock cat.  I'd definitely go for this, even in california.  A replacable midpipe that inclues the cat would be ideal..which is what i'm looking to do...but I'm not sure many people on this board are as hardcore as I am...I'll probably have this end up being custom done eventually....*sigh*
[snapback]322949[/snapback]​

I would be interested but isnt there a law saying that we cant replace or take the cat out in california?

·
Registered
436 Posts
There are laws preventing you from doing pretty much anything. Your stereo is probably louder than the law allows, your headlights may be brigher... I don't think you're even allowed to put most aftermarket intakes on there.

Anyway, most likely, it won't get you in trouble.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by SplitSecondSix@Nov 11 2004, 02:03 PM
There are laws preventing you from doing pretty much anything.  Your stereo is probably louder than the law allows, your headlights may be brigher... I don't think you're even allowed to put most aftermarket intakes on there.

Anyway, most likely, it won't get you in trouble.
[snapback]323017[/snapback]​
True true the radio one i can relate to....

couple months back i got pulled over for "loud music"

·
Registered
364 Posts
Originally posted by chubster41@Nov 12 2004, 12:07 AM
True true the radio one i can relate to....

couple months back i got pulled over for "loud music"
[snapback]323022[/snapback]​
I thought the key item to worry about with exhaust aftermarket parts is whether or not they are CARB certified?

Noise level ordinances are nothing new.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by CopperHead@Nov 11 2004, 02:11 PM
I thought the key item to worry about with exhaust aftermarket parts is whether or not they are CARB certified? 

Noise level ordinances are nothing new.
[snapback]323029[/snapback]​

Yeah i know theres a certain decidel the exhasut sound has to be under and the certification as well......
I know mine are way above it but never have had any problems

·
Registered
255 Posts
Originally posted by chubster41@Nov 11 2004, 01:59 PM
I would be interested but isnt there a law saying that we cant replace or take the cat out in california?
[snapback]323015[/snapback]​

Yes..well kinda...you aren't supposed to touch the cat unless it fails/needs replacement...that's easy enough to bullshit.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Originally posted by chubster41@Nov 11 2004, 04:06 PM
Good enough for me!!! thanks Otaking71!!! Is your name Jimmy by the way...I think weve meet before but not sure
[snapback]323083[/snapback]​
Yep..i'm the black 6i from the SLO meet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hmm, I don't think its wrong to have loud music, as long as you have your windows up! :)

In Japan they have the Jasma standard to control sound emissions coming out of exhaust systems. I think it's between 93db to 95db at idle.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts