·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Exhaust System. Mazda 2.0 & 2.3

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yup,

I am supposed to head over to Thermal Research this week. I Called today but my contact was out of the office at the time. I will call back tomorrow afternoon and hopefully arrange for a time to visit their facility.

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I hope will also have reduction in weight

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I believe that's a large part of the reason for a single-exhaust. Um... but you already have one. :D

Any progress with Thermal, Nik?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Last week didnt work out for both Thermal and I so we have to meet up sometime this week or next. They are just swamped with production and rarely have a window of opportunity that matches up with mine. :(

I already have an idea of what the kit will look like, now I just have to run it past the owner (he designs the kits) to see what he thinks and ask for his advice. The kit would weigh considerably less than stock, that is for sure.

I see no issue with the rear muffler being angled..but maybe once we get up under there car there will be clearance issues...who knows. But from what I remember, there was a decent amount of space back there.

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Originally posted by CvilleSix@Oct 18 2004, 03:00 PM
I believe that's a large part of the reason for a single-exhaust. Um... but you already have one. :D

Any progress with Thermal, Nik?
[snapback]317094[/snapback]​

I mean compare to my only stock single exhaust weight. For you will be a great reduction in weight. Let see what happen :drive:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Any updates? I think I would definitly be interested in this exhaust.... I have a question since we have a dual ste up now...from going to two to one. Wouldnt the other isde without the exhaust look wierd considering that there it would have the extra arch on the bumper.. I hope I make sence

·
Registered
255 Posts
Originally posted by chubster41@Nov 10 2004, 08:33 AM
Any updates? I think I would definitly be interested in this exhaust.... I have a question since we have a dual ste up now...from going to two to one. Wouldnt the other isde without the exhaust look wierd considering that there it would have the extra arch on the bumper.. I hope I make sence
[snapback]322432[/snapback]​
I was talking about this with a friend the other night...yea it would look incredibly silly..but it's what's best for performance...i was considering a dead muffler and -nonfunctional piping just to make it "look" right.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by otaking71@Nov 10 2004, 12:26 PM
I was talking about this with a friend the other night...yea it would look incredibly silly..but it's what's best for performance...i was considering a dead muffler and -nonfunctional piping just to make it "look" right.
[snapback]322443[/snapback]​
Part of the performance will be the loss of weight from taking out the extra muffler though.

·
Registered
577 Posts
We have plans to make this kit, no doubt about it. Just a matter of time and money. We have to use our money very wisely. We dont have a huge R&D budget where we can have numerous projects going on at once. However, there is an outside chance that Draxas will have an infusion of capital that will allow us to begin work on many of these projects we have slated.

Nikolas

21 - 40 of 54 Posts