Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i upgrade my exhaust this winter, i was wanting to do single exhaust cat-back with the 2.5" piping. i'm asking you guys if you will do this for the ones who want performance over looks. i'd be thankful to get this from you guys, instead of a shop that crush bends.

diddy

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I'll buy a single exhaust catback as soon as one is available (6i). Interest enough for ya?

·
Registered
374 Posts
It is interesting that you guys bring this up now.. because I was looking for what would be our next exhaust system. :D

Now that we are contracting with Thermal Research and Design to fabricate exhaust systems for us we can hang with anybody when it comes to overall quality of our exhaust systems. 100% T-304 Stainless steel polished to a high luster finish including a lifetime warranty.

I have wanted to do a single exhaust system for both the V6 and the 4 cylinder and we can pull it off with the same kit (for the most part). Before we even begin talking price and configuration, I would need to get both a 4 cylinder and V6 (thankfully I have access to both) over to Thermal Research for preliminary design.

If you guys havent seen our Mazda3 exhaust system that is in production right now, take a look:

http://store.draxas.com/detail.asp?Cat=3&Sub=29&Item=501

The Mazda6 kit would be similar in design...one straight through resonator and one straight through canister style muffler. VERY HIGH FLOWING EXHAUST that is for sure..but it will sound great.

The Mazda3 exhausts should be shipping out in the next 2-3 weeks. Presales on them have been going very well so we will probably go into a second production run in mid to late November.

Anytime between now and the end of the year is good for me to start work on a Mazda6 exhaust system. I will speak with Thermal tomorrow to see if they can help me out with a new Mazda6 exhaust system (I dont see why they wouldnt want to).

Let me know what you guys would be looking for:

Tip Sizes
Driver or Passenger side exit
etc.

We already know it would be 2.5" mandrel bent.

Lets talk about this......

Nikolas

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm not touching my exhaust until I can get a long tube header setup for the 6i....but i don't think that's ever happening =/

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3" or 4" tips (your choice, mirror finish?)
Passenger Side Exit (less material)
Resinator (optional)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply Nik! I think there will be much interest for this.

Do they make 3.5" tips? Sometimes I think 4" is a little big. Probably 4" otherwise. Circular with an angle cut would be cool.

I agree with the passenger-side exit. I like it aesthetically, but if it requires less material as WhoDiddy said, then definitely.

And now would be better than later. It's starting to get cold up here!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Id be on this like flies on...well you know what. This is a really great idea and Im sure people would buy it, a lot of us have been talking about this for a while. I think the Magnaflow tips are 4", anything bigger then that would be ridiculous and I think sales would show that.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I spoke with Thermal Research and it appears we may be able to get our Mazda6 into their shop for preliminary design sketching somtime next week.

More than likely we wil be able to support both the 4 cylinder and the V6 with relatively the same kit. There are some minor differences in the length of the piping on the 4 banger, but nothing we cant take care of.

Nikolas

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds great. Now we need some photochops or pics to see how it would look. Anyway to hang a falsie on the driver's side if the look is too off?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lets do an even 4" tip. i'd like that.;) they really don't look that big on the exhaust outlet of the bumper. don't wanna get a tip that looks small to the car. our car's arent monsters, but they aren't midgets either.

what would be the price range aswell? we talkn 1/2 or 3/4 price of your already Draxas Cat-Back ($395)?

1/2 = $197.50
3/4 = $296.25

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by UCYIMD1@Oct 5 2004, 11:24 PM
Yes please angle it!!!!!!!
[snapback]312014[/snapback]​
Not trying to thread jack... delete if you want if you dont think it's appropriate. But I know 2 of my buddies are dying for an exhaust like mine on their 6's. Mine is a 4" tip, and comes out at an angle. I think it would look sick on a Mazda 6.

The exhaust for the Mazda 3 sounds awesome, and I think you guys should definatly do a single cat-back for the 6!

·
Registered
338 Posts
That looks like a HKS Hi-power Muffler with optional silencer. Jasma Approved! :) Of course I don't think Jasma applies to the US. I used to won one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by Faz105@Oct 8 2004, 02:07 AM
That looks like a HKS Hi-power Muffler with optional silencer. Jasma Approved!  :)  Of course I don't think Jasma applies to the US. I used to won one.
[snapback]313068[/snapback]​
A+ to you.... haha

Yes it's the HKS Hi-power... no silencer but whos counting.. haha

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Ummm I think you are talking about my M6 :D :drive:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts