BTW, you're in Singapore. Right?

I'm also a singaporean lah!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Singapore Mazda 6 Picture'

Hi Jon,

I'm actually a member of MCS (Mazda Club Singapore). The trunk holds my amplifiers for the ICE (In-Car Entertainment) system :D

Stuff inside are:

2 Infinity Beta D300 2ch amps each one pumping out 1000w 4ohm driving a pair of momentum savage 12" subs
2 Cadence Z4000 4ch amps 150wx4 Driving Velocity front and rear 6.5" components
2 Cadence QXR-7 X-overs for the 2 4ch amps (all component speakers are running active x-overs)
2 Cadence 1 farad stiffening capacitors
1 Cadence 7 band EQ/Pre-amp

Unless I can cubic print the centre console of the car, I'll have to retain the stock head unit. :) You can join the MCS people for outing. Just head over to http://zap.to/mazda

Hope to meet you sometime! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Originally posted by Matt Mazda

Wow that ins't nothing! :p[/b]
Hehehe..thanks...it's quite loud actually. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts

Originally posted by XTerm

Hi Jon,

I'm actually a member of MCS (Mazda Club Singapore).  The trunk holds my amplifiers for the ICE (In-Car Entertainment) system :D

Stuff inside are:

2 Infinity Beta D300 2ch amps each one pumping out 1000w 4ohm driving a pair of momentum savage 12" subs
2 Cadence QXR-7 X-overs for the 2 4ch amps (all component speakers are running active x-overs)

Unless I can cubic print the centre console of the car, I'll have to retain the stock head unit. :)  You can join the MCS people for outing.  Just head over to http://zap.to/mazda

Hope to meet you sometime! :D[/b]
Just got my Mazda 6 two days back. Really enjoy the ride.
I drove a toyota camry previously and it did not come close to it.
Mazda6 rocks !

Likewise, hope to meet u sometime. Maybe after my reservist.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Hi Jon,

I'm actually a member of MCS (Mazda Club Singapore).  The trunk holds my amplifiers for the ICE (In-Car Entertainment) system :D

Stuff inside are:

Unless I can cubic print the centre console of the car, I'll have to retain the stock head unit. :)  You can join the MCS people for outing.  Just head over to http://zap.to/mazda

Hope to meet you sometime! :D[/b]
Hi there!

Great stuff. Just curious: have you done anything to add to the car's generator capacity? My experience in this field is that with heavy loads like these, you may run into situations when the car does not sufficiently supply both the sound system AND the rest of the car...

This could result in many strange side-effects...softly flashing instrument lights, the battery does not charge correctly...and so on.

Comments?

BTW: What do you do when you go shopping? You haven't much room left in the trunk!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Hi there!

Great stuff. Just curious: have you done anything to add to the car's generator capacity? My experience in this field is that with heavy loads like these, you may run into situations when the car does not sufficiently supply both the sound system AND the rest of the car...

This could result in many strange side-effects...softly flashing instrument lights, the battery does not charge correctly...and so on.

Comments?

BTW: What do you do when you go shopping? You haven't much room left in the trunk!!![/b]
Hi Steve, I've got a couple of stiffening capacitors (1 farad each) that helps the sub-amps when they need power. However, you are right in that after a while of blasting with the engine at idle, the generator doesn't supply quite enough power. I am on the lookout for a larger generator (the 90 ampere one supplied issn't enough so I'm looking for a 120ampere one). Also, I'll probably change my battery to a Optima Yellow Top (for sustained power) once the stock battery gives up.

As long as the RPM is kept above 2000, the alternator supplies enough current. It's only at engine idle speed that I have the problem of lack of current.

Actually, there's still quite a fair bit of room in the trunk, enough to put a child seat and stroller so when my wife goes shopping, there's not much of a problem. Golf bags are another issue tho :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Hi there!

Comments?

BTW: What do you do when you go shopping? You haven't much room left in the trunk!!![/b]
Hi Steve, I've got a couple of stiffening capacitors (1 farad each) that helps the sub-amps when they need power. However, you are right in that after a while of blasting with the engine at idle, the generator doesn't supply quite enough power. I am on the lookout for a larger generator (the 90 ampere one supplied issn't enough so I'm looking for a 120ampere one). Also, I'll probably change my battery to a Optima Yellow Top (for sustained power) once the stock battery gives up.

As long as the RPM is kept above 2000, the alternator supplies enough current. It's only at engine idle speed that I have the problem of lack of current.

Actually, there's still quite a fair bit of room in the trunk, enough to put a child seat and stroller so when my wife goes shopping, there's not much of a problem. Golf bags are another issue tho :D [/b][/quote]
Well idle is a mode a 6 probably won't see much of anyway.

However, perhaps you should also consider a second battery to double the capacity. You could place it in the trunk and take the cables all the way up front and parallell connect to the present. Just make sure to use BIG cables...

A bigger generator is good, but may not solve the idle issue.

Back in the eighties I was president of a company that sold only car electronics (stereos, amps, cables, alarms etc) and I must say that there were quite some problems that had to be solved at times...

Too bad about the Golf bag. Glad to hear that there is still room for a shopping bag, though... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts