Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, i've been looking at random sites... that list member cars.. and mods. And under the "performance" section (meaning they have an interior mod, exterior mod sections as well) I see the huge... chrome rims listed...

Maybe i'm completely wrong, but to me... these huge chrom rims... spinners.. dubs... all sorts of shit you see on "show" cars have nothing to do with performance, in fact they degrade the vehicles performance with all the extra weight, and inability to make a turn properly (in many cases at least).

Don't want to point fingers or links... But WTF is all that comes to mind...

Just 5 min ago i saw some ricers mazda6 posting... listed his engine dress up kit (those colored hoses and painted plastic covers) as a performance mod... Just above that he has a section for interior mods which is where the stereo and colored inside dash pannels were listed...

Kinda reminds me of an MP3 a friend sent me a while back... making fun of honda owners and how they buy HUGE spoilers and put decals everywhere... thinking they are faster and performance!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Recently, i've been looking at random sites... that list member cars.. and mods. And under the "performance" section (meaning they have an interior mod, exterior mod sections as well) I see the huge... chrome rims listed...

Maybe i'm completely wrong, but to me... these huge chrom rims... spinners.. dubs... all sorts of shit you see on "show" cars have nothing to do with performance, in fact they degrade the vehicles performance with all the extra weight, and inability to make a turn properly (in many cases at least).

Just 5 min ago i saw some ricers mazda6 posting... listed his engine dress up kit (those colored hoses and painted plastic covers) as a performance mod... Just above that he has a section for interior mods which is where the stereo and colored inside dash pannels were listed...

Kinda reminds me of an MP3 a friend sent me a while back... making fun of honda owners and how they buy HUGE spoilers and put decals everywhere... thinking they are faster and performance! [/b]

AMEN, brotha! :ring:

I believe ignorance is to blame for all this shit. Last year, in the student parking lot, I saw an 88 Carolla station wagon with BLACK RIMS.. nothing else.. no tints, not even a new freakin' paint job! It was just tasteless, to say the least.

However, around here, most people buy the tin can mufflers, and stick 'em on any car. I've seen them on OLD Camries, Carollas, Civics (duh), Accords (duh, again), and even SUV's! Then, of course, they drive around like we're on the set of The Fast And The Furious. Those movies ruined driving.

·
Registered
867 Posts
However, around here, most people buy the tin can mufflers, and stick 'em on any car. I've seen them on OLD Camries, Carollas, Civics (duh), Accords (duh, again), and even SUV's! Then, of course, they drive around like we're on the set of The Fast And The Furious. Those movies ruined driving.[/b]
on the topic of exhaust and since I am getting magnaflow exhaust soon. Does the sound of magnaflow exhaust sound like it should be like does it show the tin can mufflers who's boss? if you know what i mean

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
on the topic of exhaust and since I am getting magnaflow exhaust soon. Does the sound of magnaflow exhaust sound like it should be like does it show the tin can mufflers who's boss? if you know what i mean
[/b]
I would go with Racing Beat

·
Registered
542 Posts

Kinda reminds me of an MP3 a friend sent me a while back... making fun of honda owners and how they buy HUGE spoilers and put decals everywhere... thinking they are faster and performance!
[/b]
Maybe he just put those mods in the wrong section....I think when it comes to our cars its not always about performance! I personally think makeing your car look good or sound good is just as important as wanting to make it performance oriented! Our cars aren't the fastest machines out there, and how often are you going to go beserk and make the street your race coarse. Honestly, you can even see it in the car shows .... Its not always the fastest cars that win but a combination of looks and performance!

·
Registered
915 Posts
When i first installed my AWR Radiator i put it in audio by accident. :doh:

so many people do things for 'performance' thats not going to affect performance, it just gets old now. you know it, we know it, easist thing is just to let it go. :yesnod:

·
Registered
118 Posts
AMEN, brotha! :ring:

I believe ignorance is to blame for all this shit. Last year, in the student parking lot, I saw an 88 Carolla station wagon with BLACK RIMS.. nothing else.. no tints, not even a new freakin' paint job! It was just tasteless, to say the least.

However, around here, most people buy the tin can mufflers, and stick 'em on any car. I've seen them on OLD Camries, Carollas, Civics (duh), Accords (duh, again), and even SUV's! Then, of course, they drive around like we're on the set of The Fast And The Furious. Those movies ruined driving.
[/b]
you sure those rims weren't just missing their wheel covers?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
hmm didnt think racing beat was taht ugly, then again i havent seen it. Magnaflow is pretty cheap from RPM.

Ha i found this sick vid of an n2o 6 owner dynoing after i watched that video (it was a pop up). Thought that was pretty frickin sweet. May be a double post, but i didnt really search; nor do i care.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz_6wvk75os&NR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts