Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anybody that has pictures of a silver 6i + sport package or 6s with the following grills

accolade
rpm (badgeless)
factory sport

having a hard time deciding, Thanks :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Blacked-Out Sports Grille w/ Chrome Accents:

·
Registered
440 Posts
That looks hot Kid!
[/b]
Yeah, but I need to redo it or start from scratch like I plan to. I was hasty in my original DIY paint job, the black began chipping so I tried to prime and repaint, it held up for a while but over the past year or so the paint has begun to bubble in random spots. These pics are from only a few weekends ago and you can't really tell, only in person. I definitely recommend either taking it to a shop to know you have it painted correctly or just being really patient and thorough with the prep and paint for the DIY job.

·
Registered
814 Posts
not to sound stupid...or insulting for that matter, but are those chrome areas on that grill sticky chrome door edging?

·
Registered
6 Posts
not to sound stupid...or insulting for that matter, but are those chrome areas on that grill sticky chrome door edging?
[/b]
Yea definitely a nice look, and I'm wondering the same as above ... that's pretty creative if it is indeed chrome door edging. How much did it cost to add the chrome accents, whatever they are? I want that look for my Titanium Grey Metallic '06 and I'm thinking about just ordering the Onyx Black OEM sport grille, then adding some sort of chrome. Wonder if it'll look as good on an '06, with the face-lifted front grille and all.

·
Registered
440 Posts
[/b]
Yes, bought a ginormous roll of it at AutoZone. I got the idea from a Chinese or Japanese forum that described how to do this mod (the blacked-out grille) in great detail. It is nice touch IMO and it has held up well for near 2 years now considering all the weather conditions here in the mid-atlantic and my routine and weekly car wash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Kid Cromer
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing