Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm geting My windows tinted 35 or 40 percent tint, an I wanted to know if anyone knows how it looks finished, also, when I first seen the silver tint it was part of a do-it-yourself kit, does anyone know if its better to do it yourself, or to have it done by someone?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would always have tint done by the pros. one, if you screw up its all on you. two, if a pro does it they will back it up, usually with a lifetime warranty to never bubble, crack or fade. Tint is like rims, it is something everyone notices about a car, and even one little bubble sticks out. the most you will pay to have a shop do ti saying you supply the film is probably around $100. The best stuff out there with national coverage is like $220. I myself think a lifetime warranty is worth it, but make sure they will warranty the work on a product they didnt sell you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would always have tint done by the pros. one, if you screw up its all on you. two, if a pro does it they will back it up, usually with a lifetime warranty to never bubble, crack or fade. Tint is like rims, it is something everyone notices about a car, and even one little bubble sticks out. the most you will pay to have a shop do ti saying you supply the film is probably around $100. The best stuff out there with national coverage is like $220. I myself think a lifetime warranty is worth it, but make sure they will warranty the work on a product they didnt sell you.
[/b]
Silver tints look tacky. The silver never matches the color of the car. I have yet to see one come close. IMO imperfections jump out so one minor bubble will drive you nuts. If anything have the place put the tint up to the glass to show you. My last car was silver on silver and i cant believe i dealt with it as long as i did. Throw on some color matched vent shades with black. I like that the most

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm gonna agree with the others, I'm not a big fan of silver tint and the "black" tint looks amazing on a silver 6. I think if you go with a 35% you will be very pleased, but definetly go and have to pros do it. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm gonna agree with the others, I'm not a big fan of silver tint and the "black" tint looks amazing on a silver 6. I think if you go with a 35% you will be very pleased, but definetly go and have to pros do it. Well worth the money.
[/b]
I'd like to second (or third) that. Black tinting looks a hell of a lot better on the liquid silver. Silver tinting is really only suitable for black mica on which black tinting might make it look too secret-servicie-ish.

·
Registered
752 Posts
"fourth that" i seen some really nice silver 6's, especially with black tails and black wheels. makes me almost wanna paint my steel grey silver.

but i wont

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'd like to second (or third) that. Black tinting looks a hell of a lot better on the liquid silver. Silver tinting is really only suitable for black mica on which black tinting might make it look too secret-servicie-ish.
[/b]

Then call me 007. That is exactly the look I want to go for :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got silver tinting on my silver 6... I wish I had a picture cuz it looks great. it looks shiny and reflective on the outside which matches well with the silver color. and get it done by a pro shop w/ a lifetime warranty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts