Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i like how the silver reverse glow gauges look and i want to get some

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2004-M...pagenameZWDVW...

but before i purchase anything i searth thru the forums threads, and on these i came across some situations...

1. it was mentioned that these would not work on the 04 "S" because we have the Electroluminescent Gauges, is this true?

2. read some threads where the needles were messed up and speedometer was off...

3. read another thread where replacing these causes the Odometer to reset??

4. didn't come across a how to install on these, is there one?? i like to know what i am getting myself into before purchasing something.... not very good w/ wiring....

if any one could help me out w/ my questions it would be much appreciated...

thanks

·
Registered
932 Posts
okay i like how the silver reverse glow gauges look and i want to get some

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2004-M...pagenameZWDVW...

but before i purchase anything i searth thru the forums threads, and on these i came across some situations...

1. it was mentioned that these would not work on the 04 "S" because we have the Electroluminescent Gauges, is this true?[/b]
No, it's not true because I have an '04 6s with the electroluminescent gauges and it works just fine. The only difference is you will need to make another hole in the gauges opposite of the odometer knob thing cuz our gauges have a knob for brightness and what not on the left side (does this make sense?).

2. read some threads where the needles were messed up and speedometer was off...[/b]
This happened to me at first but it really is a simple fix. All you do is pop off the needle (I know it sounds scary but it isn't, I promise) and move it where it needs to be. There is a thread on doing this. I'll post in a bit once I find it.

3. read another thread where replacing these causes the Odometer to reset??[/b]
Uhm :headscrat: never heard about this and didn't happen to me????....

4. didn't come across a how to install on these, is there one?? i like to know what i am getting myself into before purchasing something.... not very good w/ wiring....[/b]
There are a couple links, I will try to find them and post in a bit. Just an FYI, I am a chick and don't know CRAP about wiring or basically any car installations of any kind and I was able to do it. I think it's just more intimidating than anything - it is pretty simple.

Ok, incase you mess up your gauges, here is a link for the fix. It doesn't make sense at first (at least to me) but once I just got into the car and did it step by step it fixed my problem:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=29755

Ok, somewhere in this thread is a how to and a bunch of other stuff. It is the main thread I used for my install:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...9684&hl=reverse

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks anjyl, you put my mind at ease, in terms of being another "chick" :D and doing this mod...

i will place my order tomorrow, i found a link on ebay, i think it is cheaper than purchasing directly from procarparts.com, even though it is them on ebay....

thanks again anjyl :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
glad I could help!! Really, it just seems intimidating but once you get done with it you will think how easy it really was and be ready to install them in fifty other 6's!! At least, that was my thoughts on it!! Oh, and a pretty good trick for the hole for the knob on the electro.... gauges is to get one of those single hole punchers, that is what I used and this way it looks perfect.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glad I could help!! Really, it just seems intimidating but once you get done with it you will think how easy it really was and be ready to install them in fifty other 6's!! At least, that was my thoughts on it!! Oh, and a pretty good trick for the hole for the knob on the electro.... gauges is to get one of those single hole punchers, that is what I used and this way it looks perfect.
[/b]
ty again for getting those links.. just checked out your cardomain, like your sponsors, very familiar with them :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Iluv2zmzm
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing