·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: Silver Metallic 6s

Yeah.. and to make it worse is that we weren't getting any snow until I bought this car... no snow in november or december.. I get a new car and snow comes from everywhere.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Snow and cold for new car pick-ups suck. My girlfriend is picking up her '03 Eclipse GTS this afternoon. She's not the least bit pleased the weather sucks.

I figure it'll be 0 degrees and four feet of snow when my 6 finally arrives.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Absolut nice 6 but you have to get rid of the dealers emblem that is stuck to the trunk of you car.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yeah I know.. Its going to come off as soon as the weather starts to get better around here... Its not the same as the Mazda6 badges.. Its like a plastic sticker on there... Hope it should still use the same method with the goo-gone fishing line :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

That is the exact reason I'm only ORDERING mine in the winter. Not TAKING DELIVERY. :D :D

But a nice car is a nice car nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Looking good, Absolut!

Picking up a new car wintertime isn't as fun in the summer. But a new Mazda6 is a new Mazda6 anyway!! :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Silver Metallic 6s'

Originally posted by Xtrema

Is it me or the exhausts look kinda small for a car this size?[/b]
I agree. Nothing mazdaspeed can't fix :)

-Alt

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by newownermaybe

How does it handle in the snow?:)[/b]
It handles very well in snow. But the direct steering takes some getting used to. (You will probably try to over-steer it in the beginning, because it's very directly steered. More so than most cars out there).

It works really fine on snow.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Your dealer has no right to put a sticker on your car without asking for your permission. Ask him to take it off. If he damages your car it's his fault and he'll have to pay for it. Why do it yourself when someone else is supposed to? :sarc

·
Registered
391 Posts

Posted by Driver6  

Your dealer has no right to put a sticker on your car without asking for your permission. Ask him to take it off. If he damages your car it's his fault and he'll have to pay for it. Why do it yourself when someone else is supposed to?    [/b]

What I did last time before I get my car :

I was with my salesman and said: "I want a $2000 discount on my car!"

Then he said: "why?"

I said: "Because you'll put publicity of your dealership on MY car!"

He said: "I can't!!!"

I said: "I can't neither!"

he said: "You can't what?"

and I finally said: "I can't buy my car here."

So then, when I took delivery of it, there was no sticker on it...:D

·
Registered
526 Posts

I don't know about Europe, but in the U.S. a great many cars come with dealer stickers. It's quite normal, and getting them off is very simple. If it isn't a sticker, then it's a license plate frame.

Removing them is very simple. I'd rather do it 'cause I've done it a bunch of times and KNOW I'll take more care on my car than anyone else. Having them pay for damage they caused is small consolation for the fact it was damaged in the first place.

·
Registered
212 Posts

I made it very clear to my dealer that I did NOT want a sticker, plate or accent stripe of any kind on the car. They didn't have a problem with it.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Speaking of stickers,

you know what happened to my father once and his brand new Mercedes 380 SE? When he went to his dealer to pick it up he noticed that they put a nation's badge (I don't know the right term, but it's a badge with your nation's abbreviation on it, which you were supposed to have on your car back then when visiting foreign European countries).

It wasn't one of these tiny ones, no...way, it was the size of an american football!!! What the hell were they thinking? The customs officer isn't supposed to spot it when you're still at home. Boy, my father wanted to choke the sales guy. They finally took the badge off without a scratch. Good for them. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts