Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone forgot it, I ordered my hatch this color.

This is not a hatch, but a good image showing the depth of the color:

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

Steve,

I forgot to tell you, my 6 will be "sparkling silver" not silver contrail......

Yes it is a great colour, it really enhances the loof of the 6...

Now, I am hoping that I have made the right decision.....:sarc

Cheers
Rod
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by RodneyJ


            Steve,

I forgot to tell you, my 6 will be "sparkling silver" not silver contrail......

Yes it is a great colour, it really enhances the loof of the 6...

Now, I am hoping that I have made the right decision.....:sarc  

Cheers
Rod[/b]
Sparkling silver was my first choise aswell, but it wasn't available at that time in Sweden. Now it is. But I'm quite happy with the above color...:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

The Silver Contrail is an interesting Colour......

To me it seems to change with the different light and conditions.....

In low light it almost looks like a Dark Metallic grey (gun metal colour)

In bright light it looks a very light silver colour...

in certain conditions (like car being indoors) it looks like the colour has very smalls flecks of green in the colour.....

Cheers
Rod
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by RodneyJ


            The Silver Contrail is an interesting Colour......

To me it seems to change with the different light and conditions.....

In low light it almost looks like a Dark Metallic grey (gun metal colour)

In bright light it looks a very light silver colour...

in certain conditions (like car being indoors) it looks like the colour has very smalls flecks of green in the colour.....

Cheers
Rod[/b]
Yes, it sort of reflects the surroundings. This was reported also by Sigvard, you know the guy in Estonia who (lucky him) already has his silver contrail 6 since a couple of months.

I really like the color!

(My reason for choosing silver mica was that scratches in the clear paint don't get as obvious as on a darker paint (as the blue mica I have on my present 626).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
(My reason for choosing silver mica was that scratches in the clear paint don't get as obvious as on a darker paint (as the blue mica I have on my present 626).[/b]
Yes, that is my exact reason as well....!

Alot of Australia's road are of very poor quality, with lots of loose Gravel and dirt, and stone-chips are a very common occurence....

With dark colours the chips stand out on a dark coloured vehicle & look very ugly !!!

Also with the Summertime, temps can get very high up to 45 degrees Celsius , and the darker colours attract much more heat too.........

White is boring but is the most popular colour in Australia !!!

Cheers
Rod
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by RodneyJ


            QUOTE
(My reason for choosing silver mica was that scratches in the clear paint don't get as obvious as on a darker paint (as the blue mica I have on my present 626).[/b]
Yes, that is my exact reason as well....!

Alot of Australia's road are of very poor quality, with lots of loose Gravel and dirt, and stone-chips are a very common occurence....

With dark colours the chips stand out on a dark coloured vehicle & look very ugly !!!

Also with the Summertime, temps can get very high up to 45 degrees Celsius , and the darker colours attract much more heat too.........

White is boring but is the most popular colour in Australia !!!

Cheers
Rod[/b][/quote]

Cool!

Yes stone-chips aren't any fun. We get those here also. We mostly have paved roads, but in the winter they put sand and small stones on it to help the drivers stay on the road...ice isn't a very fun thing to drive on...

About temperature: in the mid eighties I had the opportunity of visiting the Peugeot factory in the north of France, in a small town called Montbeliard. A friend of mine lived there. They had actually examined the temperature issue between light and dark colored vehicles. The difference was only about one degree Celsius. Not much (but it doesn't help either). With ACC it doesn't matter anyway, and that's standard on Mazda6 (at least here in Sweden)...:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Steve 6er


            If anyone forgot it, I ordered my hatch this color.

This is not a hatch, but a good image showing the depth of the color:

:D[/b]
In Singapore, the color would be known as 'Titanium Grey'

This is a picture of my car...



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by XTerm


            QUOTE
Originally posted by Steve 6er


            If anyone forgot it, I ordered my hatch this color.

This is not a hatch, but a good image showing the depth of the color:

:D[/b]
In Singapore, the color would be known as 'Titanium Grey'

This is a picture of my car...



[/b][/quote]

Cool!

(But titanium gray and silver contrail are two different colors. Titanium gray is much darker, I've seen them both)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Steve 6er

(But titanium gray and silver contrail are two different colors. Titanium gray is much darker, I've seen them both)[/b]
The one in your original picture is Titanium Grey :) - Same color as my car

QUOTE
Originally posted by Steve 6er


            BTW - what are all those stickers on your windshield?[/b]
Top sticker is Road Tax Label (yes, we have to pay a tax to keep the car on the road. It equates to about US$700 a year)

Second sticker is public housing carpark monthly season parking (The house you see is my mom's house. I'm too poor to own a house here so I have to live in public housing which issn't all that bad... price about : US$27 per month)

The other two stickers are parking labels (My wife works in the Housing & Development Board in Singapore) and she gets parking free at her office (pink label) and at all HDB carparks during office hours (blue label).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by XTerm


            QUOTE
Originally posted by Steve 6er

(But titanium gray and silver contrail are two different colors. Titanium gray is much darker, I've seen them both)[/b]
The one in your original picture is Titanium Grey :) - Same color as my car

QUOTE
Originally posted by Steve 6er


            BTW - what are all those stickers on your windshield?[/b]
Top sticker is Road Tax Label (yes, we have to pay a tax to keep the car on the road. It equates to about US$700 a year)

Second sticker is public housing carpark monthly season parking (The house you see is my mom's house. I'm too poor to own a house here so I have to live in public housing which issn't all that bad... price about : US$27 per month)

The other two stickers are parking labels (My wife works in the Housing & Development Board in Singapore) and she gets parking free at her office (pink label) and at all HDB carparks during office hours (blue label).

[/b][/quote]

Don't dare to argue to you on the color. But to me the first picture very much looks like the Silver Contrail I've seen in real life. The titanium gray I saw was WAY much darker (as your car seems to be also, despite the lighting conditions).

Road tax - we pay that aswell, but the sticker is on our rear registration plate, and we pay about US$ 120 a year. Parking stickers I'm familiar with also, but GOD so many you have!!!:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Matt Mazda


            This is Sparkling Silver



Titanium Grey



Silver Contrail

[/b]
That's what I been thinking also. Which in my opinion means the uppermost picture in this thread would be a...silver contrail! Wrong?:sarc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

Guess this is you local Mazda-dealer? Gee, those wheelcovers are ugly... Not a clever move from Mazda NL to put these ugly wc's under a beautifull car like the 6.. :(:(:(
Our Mazda-dealer gave us (for a testdrive, not IRL :() a 2.3 6 sedan with the nice 17" wheels and chrome tailpipes. Looks very nice and exclusive..
To get back to your post; the sparkling silver color looks 'beige' (dutch, don't know if it's also the name of the color in English).
And to steve: I think the Titanium Grey is WAY better than the silver contrail.. :D

Coen
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by OppenheimeR


            Guess this is you local Mazda-dealer? Gee, those wheelcovers are ugly... Not a clever move from Mazda NL to put these ugly wc's under a beautifull car like the 6.. :(:(:(
Our Mazda-dealer gave us (for a testdrive, not IRL :() a 2.3 6 sedan with the nice 17" wheels and chrome tailpipes. Looks very nice and exclusive..
To get back to your post; the sparkling silver color looks 'beige' (dutch, don't know if it's also the name of the color in English).
And to steve: I think the Titanium Grey is WAY better than the silver contrail.. :D

Coen[/b]
Did you see these colors IRL? Then you wouldn't say so...:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

Actually, I'm beginning to think the car at the top isn't Silver contrail at all but a special color for the Motor show. Like the MPS has its own unique Silver Storm color - not available yet.

Anyone??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

If you take a look at the alloy wheels you see that the colour of the car is way darker, I would go for that it is a Titanium after all.

Very nice picture anyway...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Steve 6er


            QUOTE
Originally posted by OppenheimeR


            Guess this is you local Mazda-dealer? Gee, those wheelcovers are ugly... Not a clever move from Mazda NL to put these ugly wc's under a beautifull car like the 6.. :(:(:(
Our Mazda-dealer gave us (for a testdrive, not IRL :() a 2.3 6 sedan with the nice 17" wheels and chrome tailpipes. Looks very nice and exclusive..
To get back to your post; the sparkling silver color looks 'beige' (dutch, don't know if it's also the name of the color in English).
And to steve: I think the Titanium Grey is WAY better than the silver contrail.. :D

Coen[/b]
Did you see these colors IRL? Then you wouldn't say so...:D [/b][/quote]

Yes I did, and here in Holland there are too many silver colored Fords (Focus, Mondeo etc.) driving around. And IRL, I like the Titanium because it is quite dark compared to a 'normal' silver color, but when you compare it with black or our current dark blue.. So it's not too dark so you can see the exterior-lines very well (which is less posible with a very dark color); and it looks different than the mass..

Coen
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Replying to Topic 'Silver contrail...'

The thing is about motor shows that they have such excellent lighting. No amateurs have been involved in rigging the lights there...

It may be a Titanium with very much light on it. It looks more like the Silver Contrail does IRL, but still not really...
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top