·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
987 Posts
Reading Topic: silver (chrome) 7443 rear signal bulbs

Won't work. Our rear turn signals are indeed 7443's. I went to go buy some and they would not fit. Our 7443's are single filament and the only ones I could find are dual filament. These are also dual filament so they probably won't work.I'm waiting for liteswap to get some because I trust them over e-bay auctioneers.

·
Registered
204 Posts

7443 will work instead of 7440 AND 7443. So it wont use a fillament. The mazda 6 taillights that do not light up when you press the brake are also 7443, and they only serve one purpose. It WILL work.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm looking for RED rear turn signals.

Does anyone know where I can RED incandescent 7443 bulbs? I thought it'd be easy, but I cannot find any on autolumination, ebay, etc.

I only see LEDs, or the silver chrome 7443 (as mentioned above). But now that npwhite6s say they don't work, I'll stay away from that and stick with the stock for now.

But I hate the yellow... And LEDs are too dangerous (not bright enough).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Replying to Topic 'silver (chrome) 7443 rear signal bulbs'

Originally posted by pixelelement

7443 will work instead of 7440 AND 7443. So it wont use a fillament. The mazda 6 taillights that do not light up when you press the brake are also 7443, and they only serve one purpose. It WILL work.[/b]
You are 100% correct, sir.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The only problem was, when I put the LEDs on the rear turn signals, it made my blinker blink very rapidly.... maybe it had something to do with the single/double filament thing. The 7443 LED bulbs have 4 pieces of wire sticking out of it, while the bulb socket only have two connectors.

·
Registered
987 Posts

Originally posted by pixelelement

7443 will work instead of 7440 AND 7443. So it wont use a fillament. The mazda 6 taillights that do not light up when you press the brake are also 7443, and they only serve one purpose. It WILL work.[/b]
The ones I got would not fit, so I got some 7440's and they fit perfectly. Just slid right in. the 7443 did not go in even with the hardest push. I thought I was going to shatter the freakin bulb trying to get them in their.

·
Registered
53 Posts

I think everybody's sort of correct here. I got some 7443's last night and tried to replace my rear turns. The bulbs won't slide in all the way like the stock ones do - however - they will light up even if not inserted all the way.
Right now, mine are kind of semi-stuck but useable. :D

·
Registered
653 Posts

The lights are blinking fast because the LEDs have lower resistance than halogens. You need an Ohm Equalizer.. which I also have....

The 7443 Chrome bulbs we have in chrome only light up blue :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
tireswap
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing