Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheeee, my wait has finally paid off. I've got dibs on an already-ordered 6s, Glacier Silver, manual, Sport & Bose packages, that's due in on April 14. Don't worry, Kincaid, I'll post pics as soon as I get it. Trust me. :)

Couple o' questions for you gurus out there who have already done such things:

I want to add on a cassette player, auto-dimming mirror, and sport grill. The cassette player and mirror I'm not too sure about, but can I install the grill myself? Or if I were to order all 3 through, say, mazdastuff.com and have the dealer install them, would I save $$? What have other people done with that kind of stuff?

Also, how's this for a license plate:

SILVER 6

or maybe

SILVR M6

??

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: Silver 6s soon to be mine!!!!!

The installation of the sport grill seems easy enough. The auto dimming mirror is probably where you might want a pro installing it for you. And the cassete player shouldn't be too hard neither if you've ever installed a "deck" before.

·
Registered
837 Posts

future6owner, isn't the auto-dimming mirror standard on your 6s model??? I know with my Mazda 6GT V6 GFX comes with it in Canada. I am pretty sure it is one of the package, I just don't remember what package it is since I am not very familiar with the US packages. However, it should be pretty easy to install it as well. You can get some rear view mirror glue from your auto department store. However, if you bought the car, I am assuming there is some sort of mirror there already. And the tough part is removing it without damaging your windshield.

The sport grille is easy to install. I think someone on this board already document it so just do a little search.

Cassette player should be the toughest part here to INSTALL. However, saying that I know someone already document taking about the front panel of the stereo as well. So search it as well. There are a few mystery screws you need to find and remove to take the cover. It is not as easy as chindo indicated since the panel is a one piece mold that needs to be remove before you have access to the slot.

Good luck and great choice of colour for the Mazda 6. :D

·
Registered
541 Posts

The sport grille is a very easy installation. There are 2 screws holding in the top, and 4 tabs holding in the bottom. The hardest part was removing it from the wrapping is came in.

As for the other 2, it depends how comfortable you feel with your electrical skills.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replying to Topic 'Silver 6s soon to be mine!!!!!'

Originally posted by hieppo

future6owner, isn't the auto-dimming mirror standard on your 6s model???  I know with my Mazda 6GT V6 GFX comes with it in Canada.  I am pretty sure it is one of the package, I just don't remember what package it is since I am not very familiar with the US packages.[/b]
Nope, I'm afraid it isn't standard on the U.S. models. It's an option... the wiring is there (or mostly there) already, but the mirror has to be added separately. I think I'll have the dealer do that one. :)

Good luck and great choice of colour for the Mazda 6. :D[/b]
Thanks!

Originally posted by PSU F4i

The sport grille is a very easy installation.  There are 2 screws holding in the top, and 4 tabs holding in the bottom.  The hardest part was removing it from the wrapping is came in.[/b]
Cool... I think I can handle that. :) Does the old grille come out the same way?

Where's the best place to buy this stuff and not pay full dealer price? mazdastuff.com, or someplace else?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts