Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, this really sounds like I should sell all my tools and hang up my DIY hat forever, but I tried to change out the front wipers for the first time and I can't take them off. What style of connector are they? The PO put Michelin blade style on the car and I literally cannot see enough of the connection to tell what to depress and which direction to push or pull.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I think all 1st gen have the "J" hook style.

Most of the wipers I've seen for these have a thing that you pry upward to release or if you angle the blades a bit perpendicular it'll allow you maneuver the hook off the frame.

A picture would help

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ

·
Registered
38 Posts
great image there Oppa - dont worry OP these things tend to be very finicky. im sure youll be able to diy this. now that you know something more about them from what Oppa posted.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Follow up:
pretty much every car I have had for the last many years have had J-hooks. I just changed them on the Volvo np. I think I am going to have to get the pair of diikes and cut them off the wiper arm. I’ll try to remember to take pics and post them. The HS student takes the car. She has extra curricular stuff all the time which is why it’s taken so long. But the blade is separating on the drivers wiper in the middle so it has to get changed sooon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've also found the J hooks can be fiddly sometimes. The day I bought my 6 the passenger side wiper flew off on the highway in the middle of a downpour :LOL:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did have to break them a bit to get them off. Unlike any other wipers I've had, so...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts