Mazda 6 Forums banner

Side skirt installation

20K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  larrydee 
#1 ·
Hey
So I got a pair of 05 side skirts of a mazda 6s that was rear ended.
Now my mazda 6i does not have side skirts, would I be able to get everything I need off of the totalled mazda? Or is there any parts that I would have to buy because I cannot salvage them?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide App

#4 ·
Alot of people have just drilled into the inner fenders where the skirts overlap into the wheel wells (or use some kind of self tappers), and 3M tape the skirts down the sides if you don't want to drill holes into your car. Otherwise, there's a lot of clips and tabs you would need to get a hold of.

#8 ·
I'll see if I can get some pics of my car with the skirts ripped off in the next few days if I can get home from school, I'll post em up here bro!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#10 ·
you should be able to see and take measurements on the donor car as far as where to drill, and like we said you would need to buy all the clips, i think theres 15 or so on each side, different types. They are break away clips as far as I know, you can't get the skirt off without breaking the tabs cuz of the way it's installed.

I actually have my passenger side skirt that needs to be re-done since 90% of the clips have broken, Im probably just going to break all the clips off and get the 3M body tape and re attach it that way along the sides.

#23 ·
I would think so. Like we said, this tape is just for the sides to hold it to the body. You still need to drill in the inner wheel wells to hold the front and back on properly. I can snap a couple of pictures of how they are attached there if you want, lmk..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.