Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my silver 6i yesterday with non sports pack (But I am adding a spoiler) I was toying with the idea that it could look even better if those strips of side molding were black or chrome instead of silver. Has anyone done this? Do you have pics? HOw tough are those to have someone take off - paint and put them back on? Or will that ruin the integrity of the car?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Reading Topic: side molding

Leave them alone man! Its alot of work for a crappy result. But thats just my opinion. Whodiddy removed his so you might want to do a search.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I just saw his thread- thanks. Now I jsut need to figre out the best price and place to buy a spoiler.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Replying to Topic 'side molding'

I got mine painted by Mazda, only charged me $80, looks much better on my classic red 6. Get them to do it if they are fitting your spoiler.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

anyone with photoshop wanna show what black side molding looks like on the silver car?

·
Registered
391 Posts

I think it would look very ugly.

Remember the toyota echo, chevrolet cavalier, chrysler neon, toyota tercel? They had those plastic grey/black side moldings looking very cheap...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

But if they where shiny paint-finish... that might look good... Or just a darker shade of grey/silver. Volvo has that on the olde V70 (Greyline Edition). Silver with grey metallic moldings and that looks just great!

·
Registered
464 Posts

its funny i have a silver sentra with black/dark grey modlings and everyone i know who has them wants tehm painted body color. :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I don't know if you can se this pic but this is a Volvo V70 Greyline with a dark grey molding on silver body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts